1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jermaine Taylor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JVL713, Oct 10, 2010.

1. AXG

AXG Member

He is a good 1-on-1 player, but he doesn't play team ball and he can't shoot.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My take is that Harris, Anderson & Ish need looks more right now than JT.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya I kno AJ didn't play and I hope they will play but at the end of the day Jermaine will be on the team *knock on wood* and Aj won't (so that's why he should be playing too)

But Ish did play the first preseason game with 5 mins left :grin: and so did JT he had 5 points In 5 mins.

I think Rick should play the guys fighting for the Last spot (Ish, Aj, Harris, Anderson) but he should also give Others some time like JT

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

His D on Kobe was something impressive and I thought if you played D this would get you on the floor. We are Phoenix Suns lite and our D is really weak. How much do we ride the Shane the Prez until we find another D stopper at the 3 spot.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We got plenty of D:

Courtney Lee
    SHane Battier
    Chuck Hayes
    Yao Ming
    Jared Jeffries
    Kyle Lowry

All are good defenders - we have a good defender to put at every spot on the floor.

DD

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Yes this is true but Jermaine won't be getting mins this season on the NBA level unless we have injurys or trades. So why don't we just play him? Give the kid a chance instead of letting his confidence down

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look if JT wasn't on a guaranteed contract he would be cut.

DD

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Maybe but he would be playing to fight for a spot on the team.

But sense he has a guranteed contract he is already on the team and won't get PT.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Okay, I was on board with most of your thoughts in this thread (especially re: playing guys like JT tonight to "rotate" playing time in the preseason), but I think you've pushed it a little too far with this comment.

Daryl Morey had this guy rated as a first round talent one year ago. Morey has also gone on record multiple times that Rick Adelman is a fan of Taylor's. I seriously doubt that Taylor would be cut from this team if not for his fully guaranteed contract. Hell, he makes so little (and his contract is only guaranteed for this year) that the Rockets would have little problem simply waiving him.

But they won't. Because they like him. Enough for him to stay on the 15-man roster for at least another year.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Rick must really be a big fan of how JT sits on the bench b/c he does that well. :mad:

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not only that. JT worked his butt off this summer, got some nice play of the summer league, and some have hoped this would be his break out year. Can't have a breakout without pt.

Still, we have a logjam at that position so I would not be surprised if JT asked to be traded, which may come back to haunt us one day.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Dude, calm down. There are 18 guys on the roster right now. Several of those guys are trying to make the team. Rick NEEDS to evaluate those guys. Jermaine will play tonight.

Frankly, I'll believe Daryl Morey when we makes a gratuitous comment like that Rick Adelman is a fan of Taylor's. Taylor not playing so that Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee can get used to playing with this group for the first time ever is just fine by me.

13. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

What? Sanders played 32 minutes shot 29% from the field on 17 shots, and had 9 rebounds. 12 points on 17 shots in 32 minutes doesn't sound too good to me. The only positive was his blocks.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Chill the hate, Broseph. JT doesn't play the same position as Aaron Brooks.

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I agree 100% he has great potential IMO I just hope he is till on the rockets when he reaches that potential, but I also want him to succeed and wouldn't mind if he left to go get pt somewhere else

16. littlemouse

littlemouse Member

Adelman really like JT in summer according to some sources, the reason i think is because taylor is the only guy who can put the ball on the floor, penetrate and create opportunity for himself like wade or LBJ before we acquired lee (exclude aaron because of his height disadvantage), and also his work ethic is really good.

I think JT will get some minutes in the season, and we only have shane and budinger on SF position, so if taylor can play good defence, he will be a good backup for shane.

17. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

JT reminds me of a Monta Ellis type of player. If he was traded to a garbage team i'm sure he could put up 13-16 ppg.

18. prs325

prs325 Member

Jermaine Taylor reminds me of Gerald Wallace when he was stuck in the Kings bench. And now after developing in Charlotte, Gerald is one best small forwards in the game .

19. Prince

Prince Member

me think same.

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya that or a Jason Richardson type player avg about 10-15 ppg