1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Where is Hayes??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smartxtai, Feb 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I do not think one player you listed above could do what you are asking of them here.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yea, I agree with you on the rebounding disparity. The rockets starting power forward had a whopping 4 rebounds in 32 minutes and very few people want to mention that. Hopefully they are showcasing Juwan Howard for a trade.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

In my mind, that would be the ideal scenario. I can't find a team that would want him though.

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Totally disagree RRG, as a matter of fact Barry handled a lot of PG duties late last season if you remember...

DA was our starter and played some really good minutes before going down with the calf/knee thing at the start of this season...

And Hayes at the 3 would be a HUGE improvement over BOWEN coming off the bench to spell T-Mac...

5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It could just be that with Hayes initially playing big minutes and being a rookie, Jeff's just trying to keep our big men fresh. Hayes was going pretty hard initially but then kind of tapered off. Either way, playing Swift right now is going to be good because they both know they've got to play hard to keep playing time. And nothing is better for hard play than fresh legs.

6. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Hayes is in JVG doghouse for walking back on transition defense about 4 games ago. I heard JVG say it as a response to a question on 790AM during a sportcenter update to the reporter who was going on about Hayes and his rebounding and what a differnce he is compated to Swift. JVG said Hayes is a good rebounder but won't be playing very often if he slow to get back on defense in any more games. It was the game SWIFT was not playing cause he was late.

7. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

yea i remember jvg saying that too about him jogging back on defense...i didnt really pay attention to that, i thought he had a good game....i remember one play where he ran back on a seattle fastbreak and blocked someone and then beat everyone down court for a open layup