1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Oct 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

There might be more to it but its sad that a little head cold kept stevie out from his return to the court :( So much for a guy having alot of heart Yao did it I wonder what was Francis excuse. That head cold must have really been serious. WE ARE ALL WAITING FRANCIS!!!!!! Prove these doubters wrong!!!!!!!!! :D

2. Possum

Possum Member

Maybe if you spit me out you could say something intelligent! Of course this is assuming that you have a brain. Judging by youre posts i would say thats highly unlikely.

3. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

Well, I still have faith in SF3, he's still got a shot at a roster spot.

4. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Ok guys i had a rockets run in with someone in the training and rehab department with the rockets and ended up asking about Steve and what his status was. Up until i talked to this guy , i was actually pretty excited about the 3 to four week assessment given by Steve and others. Now its a different story ..... he informed me that Steve is pretty much healed but he does not expect him to get back and play for the rockets at all but specially not anytime soon . He says Steve is not showing that fire and commitment and is not working hard enough to get back and play. He says that it seems like hes not motivated enough to play on our bench for limited minutes and wanted a bigger role on this team and when he found out that its not going to happen......

now you guys can take this for a single mans opinion or perception but it put a damper on my mood. I still think we will be fine without him but i was sincerely hoping to have him in uniform and contributing by December the latest . fingers crossed lets hope the trainer was wrong

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

There's been a bunch of reports/mentions on Francis in the media recently, almost as if the sports reporters knew something was up. Too bad if this is true.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I can totally see Francis pouting on not having a bigger role in the team, and as a result not working hard. Typical spoiled I want everything on a silver platter for me Francis...

I'd rather have DJ or Wafer if he's going to cop an attitude and beg out of several practices because he's sees the handwriting on the wall, at least those guys are hungry and motivated to have a chance to be on an NBA team...

7. carib

carib Member

Lets hope Francis swallows his pride and fights Brooks for the back up role. He can't expect to get alot of playing time until he shows his ability to run the team on the court

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

wow an anonymous hater. . er. . .tip . ..er. . insider
    never seen that before :rolleyes:

Rocket River

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Big surprise Steve is a Pre- Madonna but the one thing you need to remember it matters to Steve how Houston percieves him. He is a Houstonian first and Second he caused this situation, but I believe he can turn it around. It doesn't matter what a beat reporter or a trainer says if Steve gets on that court and brings the effort then he will be in if not he's done.

10. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i've heard the same thing from multiple people.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol, when it comes to steve francis, positive or negative, he gets the most "insider" information ever. you got the group that says hes been busting his butt off to get back, and then there is the group that says he isn't trying hard and pouting about his role.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

River, I hope you are right, you know that....but you have to admit that once he got $30 million in the bank, he might just be taking it a bit easy....and no one could blame him one bit.

DD

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Morey said today on 610 am radio that steve has been working hard he is just not ready yet

14. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like a great way to induce a big contract after this season, and Steve is about the money as much as he is about basketball. What he doesn't want to do is screw up his chance at contract by coming back too early and re-injuring the quad. That would shoot whatever chance he has at a contract right in the foot. It would definitely cast a pall that he won't get over the injury.

No, the first thing he is going to do is make sure he isn't threatening his last contract with another injury to the same quad.

The fact Elston called him out does tell me they think he could be doing more and they have a roster to fill out, and they want to make sure they won't waste the spot.

Like I have said, if he isn't active by mid-December then they need to determine if he will be back at all so they can trade him off by the All-star break.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Francis is now nothing more than an expiring for us.......although I was a believer in him returning to starter status.

16. fayesun

fayesun Member

We should have kept Gerald Green? :rolleyes: