1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Oct 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We should all be rooting for Steve...if he makes it back it is great for the team.

I am rooting for him......I am doubtful, but still hopeful.

DD

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Steve is our only hope right now!

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

That right there is how every fan should be looking at Steve's situation. Let go of your bitter feelings from the past and hope he can come back and contribute to this team in some way or manner. People that are still holding on to the Super Bowl incident or the like need to realize it's been nearly 5 years and it's time to let it go.

Hope, if nothing else, for the sake of the team, let the hate go and root for him to be back. He might not be the brightest player in the league, but he does love Houston and is our player like it or not. Plus, a healthy Francis is a valuable asset off the bench.

4. lalala902102001

Nobody would have guessed that Steve's career would be over so soon a few years ago. Well I guess his contract might still be useful when the trade dead line comes around.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We definitely have a spot for the taking at backup PG, but no one is going to just hand it to him. Every Rockets fan should be hoping he comes back to a level adequate enough to shore up our biggest positional weakness currently.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That's not true...a lot of folks have said that his career would go downhill quickly once he got older simply b/c of how much he relies on his athletic ability to play ball. He's reaching that age now where he can't recover as well from the pounding his knees and ankles are taking from all the explosive movement. This will lead to more inconsistent play, more DNPs, and more surgeries...he may not be completely washed up, but he's not far from it.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Agreed, however I think he still has some gas left. He did rely a lot on his athletism, but if he is healthy, those handles of his will become a valuable asset to the team.

Francis is a shoot-first-type player, but last season, one thing he showed was he can still be a terrific passer and player. His skills are recovering much more slowly because he is a liability to the team. If he was still in the knicks, he'll probably be playing all he wants, and recovering his old skills a lot faster as well.

8. Vivid

Vivid Member

That article states that it would be 3-4 weeks before he could go "full out." Now this has many interpretations. The original question was "3-4 weeks before 100% or full out on the court." I don't know what Friedman intended with full out and I don't know if Steve answered in the same context. Steve said 3-4 weeks before he was 100 %, this could mean 100% healed and ready to start playing or 100 % ready as in "I could play that night." By example, Yao is 100% healed but not 100% ready. Tmac is neither at this point but looked good. Going full out is also open to interpretation. Either way this is week 3 and half and counting.
    SF was good in one game last year, and we all hold on to that. We are human and we are built to hope and to believe. Doubt is a defense mechanism that combats deceit and dishonesty. We never want to believe our team and our players would fool us.
    Please Steve...
    -V

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Not this again...

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

FAIL.

Try "First injured and now still recovering from major surgery."

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

gotta be an old timer to see the irony in this.

12. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I thought he was the water boy in New York? :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I just had a major injury of both hamstrings and am on steroids & muscle relaxers. I am now ineligible for Major League baseball and the 2012 Olympics, no longer a multiple gold medal threat.......at 53.

BTW yesterday was my birthday.

Happy birthday to me...... :cool:

I hope Stevie shows up and can play again. It would be like The Natural, Field of Dreams, Hoosiers.

This could be a once in a lifetime season for us. Or third if you count 94 and 95. :D

14. drich

drich Member

In every scrimmage that I was at Steve did go for about 10 or 12 minutes, and he actually looks good when he is out there. He never has gone the whole scrimmage. He is still relentless at getting to rim, only difference is he is not dunking when he gets there. On a side note I did see him dunk and he did make it look pretty easy.....
    This will be the last time for him to make it work, that is the word around that I kept hearing around there.

15. The Hungarian Rocket

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well we can hope for the best but expect nothing. hopefully he can manage to find a way to stay healthy so he can play 10-15 mpg.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

drich - do you know why Steve is never sitting on the bench cheering the guys on. Battier is there, TMac is there in uniform even though he won't play. Must be ok with coach but its not good team spirit.

18. joesr

joesr Member

f us then

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL - I hear ya.....but different time, different team....I always cheer for what is best for the team.

DD

20. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Steve was on the bench for the San Antonio game, and I think someone said right next to Tmac. If he is not there for practices it is probably because like other injured players in the past he is in getting whirlpooled or massaged or stretched or doing bike work in the back room - as much as his doctor allows. We will know much more in two more weeks. :cool: