1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is a 9/11 thread when I need one? haha

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, Mar 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, my brother calls me this morning to tell me that Boulder is hosting a 9/11 debate and I should go.

I immediately started giggling, and he said why are you laughing. And we proceeded to talk for 3 hours.

omg...I'm from a family of 8 and 6 of us went to Rice (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Since the crazy brother first postulated the conspiracy he got laughed at. That was 2006. Seems one sibling per year has now been taken down.

This brother who called me today is who I respect the most in the family for his opinion. Now we are down to two. Me and my younger sister (a Rocket Scientist for NASA) to deal with the conspiracy theorist who just want to argue on the holidays at Thxgiving and Xmas.

I am 7th out of 8. My sister is #8. We are against the entire family now.

honestly, no conspiracy theorist can beat me and my sister. Just try. and don't give me no freaking links (boring), just bring it.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

3. heypartner

I agree...and to quote
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    zzzzZZzZzzZzzzzzZzzz...

4. heypartner

ok not a blog,,,,but this is what I emailed to my brother and this is what I'm going to say at the Sunday Boulder "debate"

wtf....get our boys back! this is not about an argument!

I think I'm mad. Don't argue with me right now.

5. heypartner

I'm headed to go see Medeski Martin and Wood right now. I'll be better tomorrow.

cheers.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

OP.....I am disappoint.

7. heypartner

too vague.
    What would you have me say at this Sunday debate in Boulder about 9/11, surely you know both sides.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Easy, HeyPee. There's not a draft. If we had a draft, I would be out on the streets again. I have a son about to turn 20.

9. heypartner

not sure what your point is about getting our kids out of Afghanistan if there is no target.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The American people aren't nearly as personally affected by Afghanistan and Iraq, compared to Vietnam. It's not remotely close. Am I not understanding something? It wouldn't be the first time.

11. heypartner

Agree, fine,
    Tell me who did it. If you can't, the Marines are dying for nothing.

#11 heypartner, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  12. heypartner

ok, i'm out to MMW for real now.

Peace,
    and there is no chance any conspiracy theorist can convince me. you can try tomorrow, or Sunday. no links. just reason.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Let them think they're right.

What difference does it make?

There are all kinds of idiots out there, believing all kinds of silly *****. Why waste you're time on them?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK, I think I'm following you now. You're talking about the "conspiracy" idea that the Trade Center wasn't blown up by AQ lunatics taking over airliners, but rather by (fill in the blank) for various other reasons. I think that the attacks on the TC and on the Pentagon were carried out by AQ lunatics who received aid and comfort from the Taliban in Afghanistan (and various other fanatics in Saudi and elsewhere, but "we" apparently don't want to go there). The "target" is the top leadership of AQ and anyone who's deep into helping them avoid death or capture by our people and our allies in Afghanistan. I'm one of those liberals who would like to see those people taken out, even after all this time, blood, and treasure. Unfinished business. I may change my stance regarding the size of our force there and the tactics, and we certainly can't stay there forever (no one has been able to do that as far back as anyone can determine), but I still want the "target(s)" taken out.

Is that what your thread is kinda about? Have a great time tonight, btw.

15. penda45

penda45 Member

If there is no chance then why would they try?

I don't really understand the point of this thread, you are saying that there is NO chance you will think it is a conspiracy, but at the same time you want people to sway you that way...

16. heypartner

thank you, that's what me an my sister agreed with her doing Husband doing deep water with the boysl

You do not want to argue this with me. Give up.

I just like to think my youngest sister likes me.

stop it. quit. allow me to vent and you quit.

17. heypartner

just watch.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I am relentless in my disengagement.
    I will never quit not giving a ***.

And I think your little sister likes me.

#18 Dubious, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Not every conspiracy is a Taco Bell. Imagine someone came out before the media made the news that Taco Bell's ground beef was 33% sand or whatever. So this precursor state a claim "Tace Bell uses sand in its beef" and they give a reason like "Taco Bell is cheap". Then someone states "Well they all do that kind of thing. Didn't you read 'such and such' report a few years back." Then somebody comes in with another reason like "They do it to cause irritable bowel syndrome in the proletariat class who comprises the vast majority of fast food consumers so that they will always have ill-health and can never rise up against the ruling class."

Ok, sounds far fetched, but it may be that Taco Bell said "Ok, these people are poor, for crying out loud if they knew what they were eating they wouldn't eat it. So, what if we put sand in the beef?"

All conspiracies revolve around a lack of information or transparency or whatever the geek-hipsters say now-a-days. Where they split is the motivation once something is unvailed. For example, "The War in Iraq is not fought for freedom, democracy or WMD's." General statement says "It was fought so the US could become masters of the universe" and then from there everyone has their own two cents on the matter.

20. heypartner

Just got back from "the debate" at CU campus.

These 9/11 arguments really exists....and they get better all the time. I'm continued to be stunned. And they are now part of my family holidays....thxgiving and xmas.

Can someone summarize for me what the take is in this DD forum? How many conspiracists live on this board.

Dubious, obviously ignore my last post to you. haha. I had a good night Friday.