1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where in the rotation is Eric Piatkowski?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TECH, Jan 17, 2004.

1. TECH

TECH Member

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? :p

Seriously, why do you think that Eric is MIA the last few games? Is he as good as traded? Can trades still be made? Boki has been getting his minutes, they aren't splitting them. I guess that Boki is a bit better defensively, but he doesn't get very many shots to prove his worthiness on offense........so what gives?

2. sup123

sup123 Member

in JVG dog house!

3. bronxfan

bronxfan Member

why?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think JVG is waiting for him to find his shot. Eric is shoooting 34.9% overall and 35.5% from downtown. (courtesy of ClutchFans.net ;) ) The guy is in an amazing slump. I was one of the people wanting him for a long time, so I'm very surprised to see this from an excellent pure shooter. I hope he gets it turned around soon.

5. TECH

TECH Member

He must have Rocket-itis.

6. Uprising

Uprising Member

He is currently out of the rotation. Boki has taken his spot. JVG said that Boki deserves the playing time because of his hard effort in the practices.

Also Pike's shot has not been falling for him. I think he is shooting a career low this season.

His and Boki's stats are virtually the same. One exception is that Boki is more mobile.

7. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Boki has shown some good athleticism in what little playing time he's had. He's also a longer body and his defensive capabilities are drastically improved. Pike has only one worth and that's hitting the 3's so until he improves, I don't mind seeing Boki in the rotation.

8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

In the last game where Pike got his normal minutes I saw him miss several wide open 3 point shots - After that he was benched :cool:

9. TECH

TECH Member

I'll add that when Boki is in the game, the ball movement seems to improve. Boki passes readily, and he can take it to the middle and often makes a good dish to another player for an easy bucket. He won't dribble from one side of the court to the other, and back again.........

10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

My theory is that Boki is being showcased for a potential trade.

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Boki doesn't seem too confident on court.. almost like he still has the jitter bugs but i dont blame him since he hasnt had much playing time since he was drafted and this is his dream to play in the NBA.. which im sure he is worried about being a bad player.. but thats my opinion

12. AMS

AMS Member

He would have totally facialized that wolve on the drive he got fouled on. So close to getting some respect in the L, and making up for how badly he got Facialized.

Plus, I like the way he plays defense much better than Eric, Peetkowski just has his hands up and tries to move with the player, I mean even Langhi could have done that.

13. ckfol

ckfol Member

Although Boki doesn't shoot well, his athleticism is much more valuable than a shotless Pike. I really like Boki on the defensive end and he should improve offensively where he is still tentative. Being a 2nd year player who has hardly played, it's going to take a while before he figures out the offensive side of the equation. I think Pike will be buried behind the bench and will be used as insurance policy.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Yep...

Raven

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

your theory doesnt hold up to VG logic.

JVG does not play a player unless they are doing what he wants.

Pike does not play VG defense...and he cant hit the basket to save his life...and he isnt quick on the rotations anymore..

so VG had to go with someone who does.

Enter Boki.

If you had a clue to how VG has said he runs his rotations, and all other reports we have heard about how VG does things...you would realize that VG will not put a player on the court just to showcase him.

Face it folks...there aint no trades going down until after the season...and by then Boki will have shown that he is our SF of the future.

16. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Yeah, Eric is the lone pure shooter on the Rockets...so if he's not shooting well, he's not helping...he's a defensive liability and is only valuable as a 3-point shooter, which is not happening...atleast Boki has athleticism and is also a good shooter, though not in Piatkowski's class...

17. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Pikes misses too many open looks, Boki never wants to shoot and just passes up an open shot to drive to the basket. All Boki needs is confidence, he might be weak mentally too and he doesn't believe in his abilities. If he ever gains confidence and his suspect shot comes around along with his athleticism he can break into the starting five.

18. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Member

some people have posted about boki's improved mobility and quickness over pike. i'm not really sure that's true. boki looks clumsy trying to beat quicker defenders to the hoop. still has some baby fat in him too... I think he could improve in this aspect. the footwork is not great either. all in all though i agree with giving him more minutes to see if he will ever develop

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Boki is playing much better, and as his confidence goes up, so will his stats.

DD

20. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

Pike hasnt shot well at all. Boki can move alot better I hope he gets Pikes minutes. He could be useful later in the season.