1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Where does Parsons rank overall SF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Apr 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dav

dav New Member

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Cameron Anthony
    Paul Geroge
    Paul Piece
    Nicholas Batum
    Loul Deng
    Chandler Parsons
    Rudy Gay
    Goran Heywood
    He's No.8 in my list.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Yeah but Parsons plays more minutes and his numbers are a bit inflated from our style of play/lobs from Lin and Harden.

The guy that said Parsons being Gordan Hayward is best case scenario wasn't dissing Parsons at all, Hayward looks like he will be a very good player, put him on the Rockets and I'm sure he would be averaging the same numbers Parsons is.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

don't understand the infatuation with rankings

He is up there with the good players.... that is what matters only in his second year

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Parsons is a rising star, underrated, and will steadily rise in the ranks to top 5-10 SFs in the league.

5. wincan459

wincan459 Member

He is top 10 in all offensive categories, but around 15 ~ 20 in defense such as rebounding, blocking, steals, turn over.

So he is probably just outside the top 10 overall.

6. Albinoswordfish

You can't just look at stats and say Parsons is the better player. For one thing he's averaging 7 less minutes than Parsons this season from that fact that Ty Corbin was dumb enough to have him come off the bench for like half the season. He wasn't playing against bench players, Hayward was finishing halfs and games for them while doing this, kind of playing a Ginobili type role. Will people diminish Ginobili's stats as well?

Only until about a month ago did Ty Corbin realize his awful mistake and put Hayward back into the lineup. Since being inserted into the starting line up Hayward stats are:
    FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
    0.496 0.462 0.833 0.5 2.9 3.4 4.4 0.9 0.9 15.0

He's doing all this while playing the point forward position setting up his teammates especially when Mo Williams was injured.

Hayward is the superior passer, shooter, ball handler, and defender. Parsons benefits a ton from Harden and Lin dribble penetration setting him up and isn't relied upon too often of initiating the offense. Look Parsons is a good player but I don't ever see him being as good as Hayward.

7. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

somewhere between 10-15 places

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I have never overrated Parsons. IMO his inconsistent shooting has made me think we should try and upgrade his spot. But I would never consider Hayward an upgrade. Parsons is a better rebounder/defender and more. It's only his inconsistent shooting that would make Hayward even remotely a lateral move. But I say that only because Parsons shooting has been inconsistent and I think it is imperative we have a great 3 point shooter at the sf spot with our style of play.

Still with that in mind I would not trade Parsons for Hayward and the reason is because Parsons has improved tremendously since his start. He is much better shooter and defender. Amazingly better and I expect he there is a good chance he will become even better. I do not expect Hayward to become a much better rebounder and defender. I will take Parsons upside over Hayward everyday.

P.S. After evaluating the SF market I have changed my thought on trying to upgrade Parsons. Shooting 38% and playing above average D makes him difficult to replace. There is no one available that would be better for this team and I think Parsons will get better. That being said I would love Kyle Korver to be our 6th man. He is my plan C. Plan A - Dwight Howard - Plan B - Kevin Love - Plan C _ Parsons, DMo and Terrence Jones shoot threes this off season until there fingerprints fall off and we sign Kyle Korver to back up Parsons and Harden.

#188 Old Man Rock, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013