1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does James Harden rank among the best SGs in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Oct 28, 2012.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Harden will be the best SG by the end of this upcoming season :cool:

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

he was playing off of westbrook (best pg in west) and durant (best 3 in west). he basically hit some big three's here and there and got to the free throw line by drawing fouls against the other team's reserves.

3. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Yall are crazy. Joe Johnson may be overpaid like a mofo, but he still is a great player. Capable of taking over games.

Andre I is seriously underatted by you folks. That man plays steller D, passes the rock around a lot (averages over 6 dimes a game) and scores in bunches when needed. Harden does not look to pass the ball near as much, doesn't make his team mates better like Andre does, and scores at about the same clip. Nor does he posses Andre's defense.

Manu is still better than Harden all day long. If you had one year (this coming year) and had to choose one or the other to win a chip, tell me how many GM's wouldn't pick Gino? You'd be crazy if you thought any of them wouldn't take Gino.

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Manu is old and washed up! Harden >Manu

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Based on ONE year CURRENT ranking without PAY and nothing else considered, it'd be Manu. Manu is still riduculous, shot 52% from the floor last year.

Though a team in the Rockets position would they want Manu for 2 years at 25 min/gm when it can have a younger Harden for 5+ years 35+ min/gm?

Perhaps, maybe Manu $12 mil/yr > Harden $16 mil. But thats why Manu ISNT the BEST. He doesnt play full minutes or stay healthy even in reduced minutes.

That probably IS Harden's main attribute in OKC. That when he's on the floor, the play of the team picks up (very similar to Manu). Harden doesnt have near the D of Iggy and Manu, though.

6. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Kobe
    Harden
    Wade(I wry abt knees)
    Joe Johnson
    Ginobili

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

one of my fav things about Harden is his ability to draw contact...by bring the ball low and swooping up at the rim...with a chance at getting a 3 point play...smart players do that...

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

When you factor in injury history I would put him at #3 behind Wade and Kobe. Manu might still be the better player (might, I say), but Manu has real trouble staying healthy these days and he's not getting any younger.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, Harden is the best current SG who will still be in the league in 10 years. Maybe some other guys will emerge as better than him by then, but who knows?