1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you rank the Rockets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would keep in mind that the Clippers and Grizz are a much better team then they are putting on the floor. Their record doesn't reflect their potential. When and if healthy, they might be as good as the Rockets.

2. mightybosstone

I still think this team is fourth behind Cleveland, Golden State and San Antonio. And if they were healthy, I'd probably put the Clippers ahead of them. I really do love what this squad has accomplished this season and it's been a blast to watch, but D'Antoni's teams have always fared well in the regular season. It's the postseason that concerns me. And I need to see this team have success in the playoffs to believe it.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This team is better than the Spurs, Grizzlies, and Clippers IMO. Matchup wise though, especially if Bev continues to get injured here and there, we are a bad match up for them given that every single one of those teams have great PF's and our PF position is pretty weak defensively.

4. threepointshot3

And the Clippers stellar playoffs record is better then ours? I believe there is only two teams in the west that can go toe to toe with the Warriors one is the Spurs and the other is us. On offense us and the Warriors are by far the best in the league and stats indicate that. To beat the Warriors you need to be able to outscore them and I believe if we are hitting our shots in a 7 game series we can push them to game 7.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think we are the 2nd best team in the west, 3rd overall. In 7 games we will beat SA.

Now... GS... we COULD beat them if we get hot, but the best team almost always wins in a 7 game NBA series.

6. mightybosstone

I never said that the Rockets couldn't give the Warriors a run for their money. I'm saying that the likelihood of Houston beating them in a seven-game series isn't great. And, yes, if this Clippers team was healthy and playing their best going into the playoffs, I'd like their chances a little better than Houston's because of that team's experience together. This is essentially this squad's first season together. That Clippers team has been together for years and, on paper, has a roster and gameplan that I would trust a little more in the playoffs than the Rockets.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think MDA's Lakers and Knicks were faring that well in the regular season. So not always.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

people like to praise the clippers a little too much. it's the same story year after year after year. It's no different this time around. good regular season. get into the playoffs and not get past the 2nd round. that team peaked a long time ago

9. mightybosstone

Fair enough, but I was really referring to his Suns teams, which are built relatively similar to this Rockets squad. His Phoenix teams won 54-62 games in the regular season from 2005-08, but never made a Finals appearance. To be fair, though, they did make back-to-back WCF appearances, which would be a huge improvement for this franchise.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

In D'Antoni's defense, they likely would have won a title in 2007 were it not for Horry sending Nash into the table and Amar'e and Diaw getting suspended.