1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you rank the Rockets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2016.

1. atam

atam Member

If the Rockets can pull a 4 seed in the west that would be HUGE. Portland has been struggling way more than expected, and Utah has suffered the injury bug. I'm not sure if the 3 or 4 seed avoids the 1 seed in the first round, but if we could avoid GSW until the WCF, that'd be HUGE.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Grizzlies aren't contenders. Every year people say you don't want to face them, but they can't hang their hat on defense. If they could, they'd be champions by now. They don't have an offense that can play with a good offensive team. Sure, they may be a tough out or may win a series, but if they catch anyone playing well, they're out.

DMO (DJ remix) and Jatman20 like this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They can't keep up with the great offensive teams that can make things tougher for their already lesser offense.

4. what

what Member

The grizzlies just need some luck. It's not all about injuries. The year that the grizzlies went to the west finals, an ownership change screwed up the grizzlies chances because Pera trusted the wrong dude: leiven, who didn't know diddly squat about running a team. That season the grizzlies were rolling.

Leiven did more damage than that, when he fired Lionel and replaced him with Dave Joerger who was a snakeoil salesman from the beginning. You might remember that when Lionel was fired and replaced by Joerger I was distraught and quit the team.

This year is the first year that everybody is on the same page in a while: from the front office, to the owner, to the coaching staff and players. Fizzdale is the right coach, management did great with the rookies and roster moves they brought in, despite the much maligned chandler p, the core 4 is ramping it up and seem to have a chip on their shoulder since everybody has buried them, marc in the last 4 games has gone: 24.5, 10, 3.5 assists, 1 block, and .8 steals a game. Conley before he went down is having his best season, and Tony just shut down klay for the umpteenth time, and Zach could be in line for a sixth man of the year award.

So yeah, the grizzlies have a great shot to win the title. Of course, they will have to do it with ref bias, but it can be done.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think that describes 87% of the teams that make the playoffs. So, it sounds like we are backing each other up here. :)

6. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

7. threepointshot3

Warriors
    Cavs
    Rockets
    Spurs

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the Warriors and Cavs are at the top, and then there's the Spurs. After that, I'd group the Clippers, Rockets, and Raptors in the same tier.

9. riko

riko Member

Are we going on current form? then we are the best team in the nba at the minute. won in golden state and are riding a league best 10 game streak.

1:Rockets

2:Warriors

3:Cavs

4:Spurs

10. riko

riko Member

Clippers have lost to the Wizard and the Nets in the last few games and to top it off, just lost Griffin. No they are not in our Tier

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With Blake being out for a month we have a chance to create some space from the Clippers to hold down the 3rd seed.

I think GSW, Spurs will be locks for their current seeding at 1 and 2. Rockets could be neck and neck with the Cavs all season.

If we can continue to beat most of the teams we have a better record then, we will be in great shape. Won't give up my hopes though, only 28 games into the season and things can change reap quick if we fall into a slump or catch any injuries.

12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

13. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Kind of like the rockets 'pulling out some wins'?

Kappa

14. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

It's tough. We've been playing well but I'd like a few more wins against the likes of the Jazz, Raps, Spurs and Clips before claiming a Top 3/ Top 5 status. We're up there to be sure. But right now, I'd still put us in the second tier with the Jazz, Raps, Clips and Grizz.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Tier 1:
    GSW
    Spurs
    Cavs

Tier 2:
    Rockets
    Memphis
    Jazz
    Raptors

Spurs have been up and down lately, struggling to win games, but still winning. Cavs playing in the east, they can already rest players.. must be nice. Golden State of course still the best team, last year team was better due to have Bogut moving screens that was never called.

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

We need another center like DD said, but one that sets hard screens.
    I think Tiago Splitter is a player we can get with out disrupting the core guys.

A C rotation of Capella, Nene/Splitter would be pretty good.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The Rockets went 6-38 on 3s and lost by only 2 points to the Spurs. The Rockets are the better team.

And by me saying "Pulling out wins", I was referring to the Spurs going on a string of wins by barely beating avg to crappy teams...Beat the Bucks by 1...Wizards by 2...Mavs by 7...Mavs by 5...Kings by 5...Heat by 4. They were going through a two week period of playing like crap.

And tonight, with the Rockets unable to get anything going with their 3 ball, the Spurs squeaked out a victory.

So yeah, nothing I said was off...and tonight, actually backs by point....the Spurs pulled this win out and are an overrated team, at least when it comes to title contention.

topfive and everyday eddie like this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

jazz are gonna be easy pickins come playoff time. book it.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Still have them third.

DD