1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you rank the Rockets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2016.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I feel like this Rockets team still has some fatal flaws. Toronto put on a clinic on how to run us off of the three point line and cut off our interior passes. Utah, when Gobert played well, made the Rockets completely shy away from the rim.

2. what

what Member

You listen to the media too much. Do you guys really want to see the grizzlies in the playoffs?

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You couldn't keep up offensively this year.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes please...

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Clips are a tough matchup for us. Paul does an amazing job controlling tempo.

6. what

what Member

If I was you I'd want to see Portland, the clippers. Anything but the grizzlies, but that's me.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Cavaliers
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Raptors
    Rockets
    Clippers
    Grizzlies

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Western Conference is still super tough. I feel like anytime I find myself saying "I hope we don't face [blank] team!" we end up getting matched up against someone else and I go "Oh ****". Be careful what you wish for.

Out of the 7 other teams that are currently in the Western Conference playoffs, Portland is the only one that I would legitimately feel comfortable with. OKC is scary because Westbrook has the ability to just dominate a game at times. Utah and Memphis are scary with their defense and tempo and ability to grind out wins, especially when the game slows down during the playoffs. Then of course we know how good and talented LAC, SAS and GSW are. Unless we somehow manage to get the #1 seed or if there is an injury to a key player from another team right before the playoffs, there probably won't be a single easy matchup.

#68 photojoe, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    TheMystery008 likes this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

1) GSW
    2) Cavs
    3) Spurs
    4) Rockets
    5) Clippers

I think we can leapfrog San Antonio. I think we have a low shot at leapfrogging Cleveland. I don't think we have a real shot at leapfrogging GSW. But, I think we are good enough to be competitive in a series with them.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Portland for sure. Clippers I'm not so sure. I'd rather play the lesser talented, but harder working Grizz.

Clippers are going to Clipper, but that team is still a nightmare matchup for the Rockets.

11. what

what Member

The grizzlies don't beat you with just hard work. Don't mistake lack of scoring for lack of talent. The grizzlies have plenty of talent and despite what everybody in the basketball world seems to think, defense is a skill, not hard work. Harden will never ever play defense like mj did.

The are the best offensive efficiency team in the league in the last 5 minutes. That's the fundamental difference between the grizzlies and say Utah. The grizzlies can and do score when it matters.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I disagree, as the Grizzlies can never, ever seem to show the efficiency you speak of in the playoffs.

Not enough raw talent, period. Superstar alpha is what's missing, unfortunately.

13. what

what Member

What the heck are you talking about? You really want to compare the grizzlies playoff resume?

What you fail to understand is that you can't point to 1 year that the grizzlies ever had a full squad in the playoffs. Not one year since the grizzlies when on their run in the playoffs, and yet they had the vaulted gs warriors down 2-1,with conley having a broken face, they upset the number 1 seed sa, they went to the finals after their owner traded one of their big 3 players (rudy) before the playoffs, they had okc down 3-2 before the Mr. Unreliable game, and conley getting hurt in game six, and the league decided they'd double down by suspending Zach Randolph.

Please, man. You don't want to get me started. If anything, at least if the grizzlies had a star, they wouldn't get hosed so much in the playoffs.

People love to talk about how false the grizzlies finals appearance was because westbrook didn't play, but the grizzlies was robbed of rudy gay that year as well.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No
    Closer
    No
    Dice.

Grizzlies fans complaining about Rudy Gay being hurt. That's rich Bud...

15. what

what Member

The grizzlies have 2 closers, that's why they are 12-0 in games decided by 5 points or less. Go look up the clutch stats if you have an itch.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Once we get Dmo back then number 1

Right now prolly around 4-8 but having the potential to beat anyone

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Like the Rockets, these regular season wins mean ass and balls.

Go look up the Grizzlies playoff success with these closers If you have the itch.

18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

West before season..................updated rank
    Warriors (64 wins +/-2)...............Warriors
    Clips.......(61 wins +/-2)...............Clips
    Rockets..(58 wins +/-2)...............Rockets
    Spurs......(55 wins +/-2)...............Spurs
    Utah........(54 wins +/-2)...............Utah
    Blazers....(48 wins +/-2)...............Blazers
    Thunder...(47wins +/-2)..............Thunder
    Suns.........(44 wins +/-2)..............Grizz

A)
    Rox had trouble w/Lopez (Nets)---Rox had to switch Capela x Nene. Can Rox match Jordan-Blake tandem.
    B) Felt the Suns could win despite Earl Watson....I was wrong. Too much talent on roster to be this bad.
    C) Grizz stay lucky enough to remain in playoff picture.

19. lastreg

lastreg Member

Cavaliers
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Raptors
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Rockets

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

@what complains how every year the Grizzlies are injured.

Why is that going to change this year?