1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you rank the Rockets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Where do you guys rank the Rockets?

I put them third.

1. Warriors
    2. Cavs
    3. Rockets
    4. Spurs
    5. Clippers

I think the Rockets as assembled are the 3rd best team in the league, and if they can get another center, then can be even higher.

Our offense puts so much pressure on other teams to keep up, that we remind me of the Warriors.

What a turnaround, so far so good, well done Rockets.

DD

TEXNIFICENT, Jatman20, jevjnd and 7 others like this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think if Harrell works on his game, he is the real deal.to be that 3rd center.

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
    The Spurs are winning but do not look so good, Clippers do have a strong case but we are just rolling at the moment.
    Mind you Toronto gets no credit but they are a very strong team. They beat the hell out of us.
    I still put us on the 3-4 place in the west right now, as long as we defend like that for the rest of the season, maybe even get the #2 if we're lucky. Don't think we have enough to beat the Spurs in the marathon. They are the Masters of putting 60+ win seasons without looking good, but who knows, this Rockets team is just beautiful to watch.

KDavis likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The Jazz are going to be a tough out for us especially when they get healthy. I'm actually think they're better than the Clippers.

It's interesting you say that we're one center away from being over the top, so which center should the rockets pursue and what would it take to bring them here?

Jatman20, ilias, Jayzers_100 and 2 others like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree

jevjnd likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good rankings brother, I have the Rockets in 3 way tie with the Spurs and Clippers

jevjnd and KDavis like this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs are in the top tier. We're in the second tier with the Clippers, Raptors, and healthy Jazz. Memphis deserves a mention, but I believe the injuries will catch up to them soon and they will begin falling off.

ilias likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd put the Spurs ahead of us... as indicated by the standings... plus I mean c'mon are you really gonna disrespect Pops that way? That system is a machine! We put together an impressive opening third of the season... Hopefully will build on it and more importantly carry it into the playoffs.

basketballholic likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Have to see more games, especially against the clippers, griz, heat- the bigger teams. An elite big takes away the driving lane and allows priemeter defender stay home on our shooters and can prevent lob. That takes away our strength.

SAT Prep likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets playing really well, but I'm not ready to put them in the top 3 yet. These next 3 games will be very telling.

Right now I have them at 4 exactly where they are right now. Gently tapping at the top.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wait, so you can see us finishing as high as #2, but NOT being ahead of the Spurs... so does that mean you can envision a scenario where the Warriors finish 3rd place (or worse)???

Jimmy Chitwood likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Top 10 team so far, their record is currently top 5 but its only been 26 games.

#12 ThatBoyNick, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Spurs are overrated...Ive followed every one of their games and even though they pull out some wins, it's underwhelming. Rockets are currently playing better than the Spurs.

Rox>Mavs likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Fifth best team. I have higgher hopes and ambitions for us but We are dealing with Houston sports (le sigh...).

Are we competing for a title this year? Its a negative ghost rider.

Will we make it pass first round and make it exciting in the playoffs? I say hell yes. I just dont want to get too high up on any fictional totem pole to be let down.

In conclusion, Ill just say we can mix it up with anybody and stir any pot, but lets just get there first.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think the Rockets are set at center.... Trez could be that guy if he keeps working... Hopefully take all of NENE mins going deep into the season.... Rather I think we are a RUDY GAY OR A WILSON CHANDLER off the bench with EG away from being REALLY REALLY scary...and most likely contending for an NBA TITLE THIS YEAR.... feels so good to say that. :D

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

1. Rockets
    2. Rockets
    3. Rockets
    4. Rockets
    5. Dylan

majicdonjuan and MajorSeanBond like this.
  17. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

In the beginning of this season , according to ESPN, it's:
    1.GSW
    2.Spurs
    3.Clippers
    4.Blazers
    5.Jazz
    6.Thunder
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Rockets
    9.Mavs
    10.Wolves

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, apparently Andrew Bogut left his heart and health in San Francisco. Mavs off to their worst start since Popeye Jones was a thing.

I do appreciate ESPN putting Rockets at 8th, though. It's basically their wet dream to see us get wiped out by the Warriors in the first round again. Rockets are going to clown stomp on those b****es this year.

Dude loves you all.

#18 Tha_Dude, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    majicdonjuan likes this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

2nd tier team, behind cavs, gsw, and spurs. right there with clippers, raptors, and grizzlies. i put them at 5, griz at 6.

defense is still bottom 10 in at least 4 cats. offense is elite and not even int op form.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

3rd in the west and 4th in the league.

GSW
    Cavs
    Spurs
    Rockets