1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you go from "digging your own grave"?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Jun 10, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Emily issues an apology for "trying to be funny". :rolleyes:

A FOX Sports reporter issued an apology over the weekend following racially insensitive remarks directed toward Mexican, Asian and Jewish people during a live Facebook broadcast.

Emily Austen, a FOX Sports Florida and FOX Sports Sun employee, tweeted Sunday that her attempts to "be funny and make a joke" were insensitive and "will never happen again."

While Austen has been reprimanded by her employer for at least three "insensitive and derogatory" remarks made during the segment she took to Twitter with the following statement:

"I made a terrible mistake. I was in an environment where I was trying to be funny and make a joke, and my comments were insensitive. You can trust this was absolutely not my intention. Anyone who knows me knows that it is not how I truly feel. I will continue to work hard to prove myself and make things right. I know I have some growing to do, and I sincerely apologize. Something like this will never happen again."[/rquoter]

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When your job is to be likable and get the public to tune into you, and you piss them off, you don't really get a second chance or at least they are hard to come by. Additionally she's a sideline reporter who is easily replaceable. Call up the next blonde bimbo to do it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OK, that Kevin Love bit is over the line. I am outraged. What did Kevin Love ever do to her?

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If she thought about the thousands of others who get rejected for these roles based on aesthetics, personality or just lack of connections, she wouldn't hae made this obvious a mistake. She'll be able to work in communications or something else similar: sales, real estate, corporate communications, non-profit development or planning, there are all kinds of roles she can get based on a social fit that lots of others don't have. Also, and this is something a lot of minorities consider before reporting racial slights at work or elsewhere; the managers or gatekeepers are more likely to have also said something offensive that they regretted, than they are to have felt fully excluded based on offensive comments about their background, to say nothing of other peoples' anxiety about how they might react to it.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

She's got psycho teeth