1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you go for new tires?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, Sep 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I would go to Discount Tire HANDS down but there is not one near me. I found a set of 4 tires on their discounttiredirect.com website at a good price but they are currently out of stock. I need to have the tires in hand at a good price by next weekend,

I refuse to overpay a local mechanic to install them for me so I'm taking them to my uncle who is a mechanic 3 hours away who will do it for free for me.

Are there any other websites out there I can find good priced tires?

2. Miguel

Miguel Member

I used TireRack before. Don't know about any others

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

These days, I use Tire Rack.

5. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

6. dragician

dragician Member

Discount Tire or CostCo

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

That's ridiculous, you can get four tires balanced and mounted for +/-$40. Probably minus. Other than making a trip to see a family member, it would be a COMPLETE waste of time and gas to drive three hours to get it done for free.

8. Uprising

Uprising Member

I bought my last set on Discounttiredirect.com Although there is a DT about 40 min away from me.

9. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Well I didn't mention it but we typically make the trip down there to see family there once every 2 months and its been over 2 months since we last went... we're due to go down there anyways so...

And the cheapest I could find for a place to balance/mount 4 tires was Walmart for $56.

10. BamBam

BamBam Member

C'mon brah, don't go visit your uncle and then put him to work. That's a sure way for family members to turn the lights off when they see you coming. On the contrary, if you come bearing gifts you'll more than likely end up being a benefactor in his will...just saying...;)

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

River Oaks Goodyear on Westheimer near Weslayan.

GREAT SERVICE, which outweighs the little more I will pay as compared to another place. :eek:

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Bellaire Tire