1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you draw the line - transgender

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by droxford, Feb 7, 2023.

?

We all draw the line some where. Where do you draw the line?

1. Society should refer to transgenders using their preferred pronouns

19 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Definitions ("man", "woman", "gender", & "sex") should be changed/eliminated due to transgenders

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. It should be permissible for transgenders to share restroom/locker room with their identified gender

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Transgenders should be able to participate in athletic & other competitions based on their identity

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Transgenders should qualify for loans, grants, scholarships, & admissions based on their identity

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Gender-specific organizations should be required to accept transgendrs based on their gender idntity

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Historical medical records & birth certificats should be changed to only show transgenders' indntity

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Transgenders <16 yrs should be able to hve sex-reassignmnt surgery/pubrty blockrs w/o parent consent

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. The U.S. government should provide finances for sex-reassigned surgeries and puberty-blocking drugs

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. None of the above

45 vote(s)
    68.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SuraGotMadHops

To be fair, I find all of it pretty stupid. Kid Rock taking a A/R to a case of Bud Light is dumb, AOC calling for a boycott of Goya when the president of the company praised Trump was also dumb. It would be nice if companies just sold their product and left it at that, the mish mash of product and identity politics is tiresome as all hell.

The Bud Light "wazaaaaaap" commercials were not offensive to anybody, neither was the "I love you man!" commercials. Miller Lite with the Bob Uecker stuff. Those were the days.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When you aren't a psychopath and inject empathy you find subtle differences between the AOC desire to boycott Goya and Beer Belly Joe wanting to boycott Bud light

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

These are the comments that sparked the left wing boycott of GOYA.

4. fchowd0311

Yes.
    A boycott over a company praising a man who demonizes migrants, seperated families by force in massive scales that were unprecedented, someone who we now know will try to take power at all costs vs boycotting a company because they sponsored a trans YouTuber because people are upset that these people merely exist.

Boycotting because you believe a president to be fascist like vs boycotting something because you want to deny the existence of a group of humans.

Ya, like I said it takes not being a psychopath to understand the difference. I hope you aren't one and can figure it out.

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Speaking of psychopaths'.. lol

6. fchowd0311

Ya the Bud light fiasco was a mask off moment in the sense that the right hid their transphobia with "protect the children" bullshito but it's clear their goal is to completely eliminate the concept of transgenderism when they got ape **** over a ad campaign of a product that can only be sold to 21 and older people.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I think the takeaway is that both groups think the other is a destructive, net-negative force for society and feel morally justified in their boycotts.

The GOYA CEO's comments were incredibly tame. Just about as tame as Bud Light asking a trans person to say nice things about their product.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

Ya like I said it takes a dosage of empathy to understand the difference. Mainly it takes a sincere look at motivations, intent, and the targets.

Boycotting a company because they support what to perceive to be a fascist president has entirely different implications in terms of humanity than boycotting a company because a they put a trans person on 12 beer cans to display on a YouTube channel for a day.

I hope you can meet the task of incorporating said empathy.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will go down in the history books for bad marketing example 101.

Wokies don’t understand marketing.

Gaining market share to a new audience is like put the Rockets games in Austin or west Texas

bad marketing is selling John Stockton jerseys at the games

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No, of course you don't have a fundamental right to respectful treatment by other individuals. Some people are jerks and will be a jerk to you as well. Some people are nice and will be nice to you. Your rights with respect to other individuals are pretty limited and mostly involve them not harming you or taking your stuff. People that boycott a company because they don't like the person used in advertising are cancel culture losers (IMHO), but they aren't violating any of your rights.

11. fchowd0311

About Jews in the 1920s who boycotted entities that spread the " Protocols of the elders of Zion"

Were they losers?

12. StupidMoniker

Yep. Big losers. Just like trans people would be big losers if they boycot bookstores that had Johnny the Walrus available or conservatives are big losers for boycotting Bud Light. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. Why on earth would you care if someone else buys Bud Light? If you don't like the message in a book, write a critical review of it, or your own book with a counter message.

13. fchowd0311

The Jews cared because the spreading of content like the Protocols contributed to the massive amount of anti-Semitism that led to many of those "losers" being mass exterminated.

Did I say before that you are a psychopath. Is anyone here going to try to make me feel guilty for calling stupid moniker a psychopath?

@DonnyMost you got a problem here?

14. StupidMoniker

The Holocaust is about as big a loss as someone can take (except maybe being a communist, where you are actually choosing self-extermination by the 10s of millions). I would be very hesitant to place responsibility for the Holocaust on a single book, or the success or failure of a boycott of said book. I would suggest that the Nazis had something to do with it.

15. fchowd0311

There is no single book that is the cause of the Holocaust. The Holocaust is a culmination of centuries of hate rhetoric towards Jews specifically by European nobility after Napoleon's rule because they advocated for the end of a monarchy system and the Protocls of the Elders of Zion is just one of many means of propaganda to spread that hate.

Like I said, you think Jews who wanted that hate message to stop spreading fueled by instincts of self-preservation as losers. That's on you.

You have a difficult time trying to cope with marginalized groups enacting basic self preservation instincts hence you are a psychopath.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

repeatedly calling someone a "psychopath" seems to border on harassment:

A) Harassment. Badgering of users with hateful, insulting, rhetoric will not be tolerated. I'm all in on the usual internet good natured ribbing of fellow posters and especially when it is limited to their existing within the bubble of Clutchfans it is accepted. However, when this moves into ongoing personal attacks, stalking, doxxing, etc. action will be taken.
    from @justtxyank 's forum guidelines. https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/guidelines.295727/

17. fchowd0311

Ah the world of "as long as you say you hate an entire group of people for existing politely without insulting someone, you are a good person" narrative.

Ask me if I feel bad calling someone a psychopath who called Jews losers for not wanting the Protocols of the elders of Zion not spreading.

Stupid moniker is a psychopath.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really care how you feel

19. fchowd0311

American conservatism routinely confused politeness with kindness

20. fchowd0311

Then show it.