1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you draw the line - Trans-OTHER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by droxford, May 2, 2023.

?

Where do you draw the line? Do you think we should accept and support...

1. Transgender - people who believe that they are a different gender than their physical body.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Transracial - people who believe that they are of a different race than their physical body is.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Transspecies - people who believe that they are a different animal trapped in a human body.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Transage - people who believe that they are of a different age than their body's physical age.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Transabled - people who believe that they are a disabled person trapped in a non-disabled body

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. None of the above

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't think you're really trying to understand others you find opposition to. I think you're talking to mostly 50 to 60+ year old men with nostalgia over 93'-95' years because they're Rockets fans. You're not exactly reaching across the aisle to the very people you're trying to understand. You're creating threads centered around transgender people catered to the exact demographic I already described as though they are the unified voice on behalf of the entire transgendered community. Mostly 50 to 60+ year old straight men who can probably crank out stats of Dream and Glides U of H days while drunk in public, but probably don't have the faintest idea of what a trans person really thinks and experiences day in and day out beyond the social media content that they consume and is presented a certain way about this particular topic.

I think if you really wanted to understand beyond the scope of opinions shared by mostly 50 to 60+ year old straight men, you'd seek out trans support websites, read trans author books, journals and blogs, lurk online forums where trans people frequently post in their own iterations of the Hangout section, if only to understand what the issues are within that particular community without being a trolly creep about it, which again wouldn't be a fully unified voice on behalf of the entire transgender community. That, to me, would be making a genuine effort to understand perspectives you're not at all comfortable or familiar with.

Chances are trans BBS Hangout forums are people probably talking about whether the 93'-94' Rockets could beat the 94'-95' Rockets in a best of 7 with interjections from trans Spurs fans that say the late 90s to early 2000s Spurs could have taken both teams which I think we can all agree is absurd.

Rashmon likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

**** those Spurs fans

Nook likes this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to check all the boxes except transgender. I'm going to be a brown, disabled Japanese Shiba Inu puppy. Please enjoy my first video. You people are ****ing nuts.

5. droxford

droxford Member

When have I voiced opposition to any of the transgender discussions?

Actually, this thread is not intended to be about transgender in specific, but about peoples' perspectives about the social acceptance of different trans types.

I created this thread to intentionally ask mostly-non-trans people how they feel about social acceptance and adjustment for different types of trans people (including transracial and transspecies). The primary purpose of this thread is not to directly ask trans people how they feel.

Yeah - you've levied the "50 to 60+ year old straight men" thing and the "nostalgia over 93'-95' years" thing multiple times (in one post). Maybe you should say it 10 or 11 more times more. Just hit ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like low kick spammers in Street Fighter I tells ya.

[​IMG]

#26 London'sBurning, May 3, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    Nook, KingCheetah, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You get a B+ for effort.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I Keep A Close Watch On This Heart Of Mine
    I Keep My Eyes Wide Open All The Time.
    I Keep The Ends Out For The Tie That Binds
    Because You're Mine,
    I Draw The Line

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is a ridiculous conversation topic, but not too much, so..

You can't say you'd never meow at a person if that person believes he's a cat and asks you to meow at them? o_O

Supertroopers had a hilarious opening scene about saying meow, but that was for laughs.

:D

Anyway, I called people soft, spineless in one of these threads because their attitude amounted to everything goes.

The attitude is why the hell not instead of why. Why not, do whatever you want... that is just so weak. Why seeks a purpose and forces a person to find that purpose. Why not is for children.

It's also the type of attitude that deletes the word normal from existence. I mean, would you consider a person that believes he's a cat abnormal?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nook likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Commodore
    @Salvy
    One of these days , the girls will kick these dudes in the nuts

Salvy likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Imagine all these girls working hard as hell to compete in these sports only for some dude to come and kick their asses without even trying. Their opportunities to achieve something is literally being stolen from them.....