1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do I take this kitten?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Jul 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea I do not agree with declawing either, but a lot of people do.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Too late. Somebody already beat you to claim Grand Marshal of the asshat parade in this thread.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Anybody considering declawing a cat needs to do the research. It is not a humane procedure and changes the basic anatomy of the cat..

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I saw this on Vines today. Somewhat pertinent, although insensitive.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vt_M_bISWFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. likestohypeguy

When exactly did you get the rabies shot, & do you remember how much that cost? Not a big deal, just curious. I only just found out you have to redo that annually.

Either way I don't live in houston, but will still be here another day (near hobby airport). If you still have it, what time do you get off from work?

7. likestohypeguy

Bump for OP, if you are still looking for a home for your cat.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Sorry, have not been checking here recently.

I am still looking to give her to a new home. As for rabies shot, I am not too sure when they did it but I know it was recent. When I adopted, they told me all that was done and there is paperwork on everything. PM me a way to contact you and we can figure it out.

I get off around 5:30 or 6

9. likestohypeguy

No problem, I should be able to hang around here at least until then.

So I take it the paperwork you mentioned, that doesn't include documentation from when they got the rabies shot? If I may ask, who/where did you adopt it from (just wondering if it's someone you know/trust or at least still in contact with)?

I didn't even care so long as I'm getting a cat that doesn't bite & isn't sick or something, it's just the rabies shot was the one thing petsmart told me to verify it had & when, and that I needed to redo that annually.

Btw only contributing members can pm? Or at least accept pm's? If not I'll just set up a throwaway email or something in the meantime I can post publicly.

10. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Sadat X, since you will be departing with your cat soon, I will dedicate this poem to your cat.

Poor cat with no where to live, no home to sleep,
    turned into a stray cat, in the streets he will be roaming for weeks,
    Sadat X is sad, and I'm not talking about his old girl,
    I'm talking about Sadat himself, living in such a cold world...

Be strong my friend..

11. likestohypeguy

Hey shut up with that crap man. You're going to make him change his mind.

Sadat X, don't pay any attention to that poetry. Everyone understands you have to be practical here. By the way do you work tomorrow, in the morning? In the meantime just see if where you got it from can tell you when/where it got vaccinated for rabies if possible.

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I got it from Petco on Westhiemer and Voss. I was given a large packet of paperwork with all the info on the cat. It came from a rescue called BARC and there is a lady you can contact named Keli. Her number and email are on there. I have not thoroughly looked through the paperwork but I was specifically told that all vaccinations were recently done, including the rabies shot.

This cat is really sweet and loves to play so no need to worry about it attacking or biting you unless you provoke it.

Also, I trimmed her front claws the other night because they were super long and I could tell they were bugging her.

13. likestohypeguy

Well if you got it from a petco & have all that I'm sure it's good. Sorry for all the questions about a free cat, I just wanted to make sure you didn't get it from a dude in a parking lot or something who told you it was all done & just assured you he had the paperwork at home.

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

FYI, BARC is not technically a rescue. It's the Houston city pound.
    The rabies vaccination date should be in the paperwork, if not, it was probably administered recently. Some shelters don't always give rabies vaccinations or spay and neuter (they may have you sign a contract to have those done somewhere within 30 days.)
    BARC gets the most bang for your buck with adoption fees. They have the cheapest adoption fees and all adoptions come with rabies vaccination, spay/neuter, and microchip. They also usually give you a starter package of cat toys, litter scoop, and cat food.

Here's a bit more information on what is included in a pet adoption from BARC http://www.houstontx.gov/barc/aap_search_pets.php

Don't forget to register your microchip with the packet of information. So many pets with microchips end up in shelters, but their owners never bothered to register the chip.

My cousin doesn't have his cat declawed, but he manages well with just periodically trimming the cat's claws. Also, providing a few things for the cat to scratch on (that aren't the furniture) could help.

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Ok well turn of events. My mom now wants the kitten after I told her I planned to give it away. She has a kitten that looks exactly like this one.

I am actually happy because I have become slightly attached to it now and I can see it whenever I go to her house. Sorry for getting your hopes up, man but I appreciate your willingness to help me out. There are plenty of kittens out there for you to adopt as well.

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Thanks for your input! I will make sure my mom registers the microchip since it will be living at her house now.

Mods, this thread can be locked now as I have found out where to take this kitten.

17. likestohypeguy

Not a problem, I figured I was taking that chance anyway, pressing the issue about shots etc. with a free cat. I'm just glad you finally thought of your mom at the last minute (that was a CLOSE one lol)!

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

She was the first person I asked and she said no. Then I told her I had a potential new home and she caved in haha.

Thanks again man

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's a cute cat.....did u give her a name yet