1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the Subs??????????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocDreamer, Jan 8, 2003.

1. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

What is the deal with Rudy and Tito, Boki, Hawk, etc... We had a 15 point lead with only 2 minutes left, and we still have all the starters in the game. IMO, that is totally stupid. Let some guys play.

What is the problem? Is there some rule that I dont know about that states Francis and Mobley have to play at least 42+ minutes each night? Give them a break. The game is in hand. The other guys will never learn to play that way. If we can rest our main core players, then freakin do it. Boki, Tito and Hawk need game experience. Last year when Francis went down OT good good minutes. We need to get these guys seasoned to play in the league.

I could ramble on about this forever. I get so mad and frustrated that Rudy wont put anyone else in. The game is over. Play some other guys. @#$@%$@$@%^#^#$#$@&#$^#%%^@:mad:

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

After than T-Wolves game, Rudy wanted to make sure we kept our lead because he wanted to end this 10-year losing streak in Orlando.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tito Maddox is on IR.

And do we really have to b**** at Rudy after every game?

sheesh

I mean, come on. Is that all you got RocDreamer, after a great game on back-to-back on the road to end a 10yr losing streak??

4. RocDreamer

No that's not all I got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They played great games back to back. I love seeing good basketball like they have played the last two nights. EG was terrific. Sinking shots, blocking shots, rebounding. Yao was taking it to the basket, rebounding and blocking. Steve has been playing like a true leader and point guard. Cat was hitting shots. Cato is still banging around and being a monster. Posey is still a defensive monster.

But I still would like to see some guys get off the bench. 82 games at 42+ minutes a game will wear down even the best of athletes even at their young age. We will make the playoffs, and I hope will not be worn down by then.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Like I just said in the game thread...w

With a team as inconsistent as the Rox have been, and against a team with a dangerous scorer like TMac...do you really want to give them an opening to catch up..

They may have had the lead...but it was hardly in hand.

Like HP says....We finally won in Orlando...the team played great team defense..Why do yall have to b**** and cry after every f-in game???? :mad:

6. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind making big bucks to sit at my job. :D

7. RocDreamer

Dude chill out!! Your going to stroke out or something. I think that with a 15 point lead and 2 minutes to go, and Orlando's subs coming in the game, that it was well in hand. Orlando had already given up.

I am not $itching about it. I just get frustrated not seeing other guys. This is an example of football, but sports are still sports. I was at the Bucs vs. Packers game 8 or 9 years ago. GB was blowing them out. They were up by 20 with 3 minutes to go. Do you remember a player by the name of Sterling Sharpe. His career was ended that day with 3 minutes left. Why take chances when the game is in hand. Give the other guys some reps.:rolleyes:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hmmmm....let's review this thread.

<blockquote><hr>Dude chill out!! Your going to stroke out or something

I am not $itching about it.
    <hr></blockquote>Well, you have 10 question marks in your title, and you started by calling Rudy "stupid," and your closing statement was:

<blockquote><hr>I could ramble on about this forever. I get so mad and frustrated that Rudy wont put anyone else in. The game is over. Play some other guys. @#$@%$@$@%^#^#$#$@&#$^#%%^@:mad:<hr></blockquote>Now you're backpedaling now trying to tell *us* to chill because "I'm not really b****ing." I guess the joke is on us, then.

Admit it RocDreamer, you were screaming at the TV, and just *had* to come here to vent, b**** and whine with apersand talk and :mad: faces and a dozen of question marks at Rudy for a minor reason...

after a *huge* *huge* win on the road on a back-to-back, when the majority of cc.net wants to celebrate another solidly played game.

Why? I guess you couldn't have just bit your lip, posted in the game thread, or waited maybe long enough for just one positive new thread about the Rockets to be posted. Just one, maybe.

just maybe

You need to chill before starting threads after games, dude.

#8 heypartner, Jan 8, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  9. RocDreamer

Maybe your right. I probably should have waited. I thoroughly enjoyed this game tonight. One of the best in a while. We looked strong all over the court. This is the type of basketball that I have been waiting all year to watch the Rockets play. They are starting to really play team ball. It is exciting.

There was a great deal of hype from the media and especially from this board about Boki coming in and really contributing. A lot of people here had him in the starting lineup before training camp. With all that excitement, I am just very anxious to see what he can do. I sit and wait and wait and the wait just gets to me. I am not a Rudy basher. I am mostly quiet on the board. There is not one thread that I have posted a negative thing about Rudy until now. I truly apologize. I think RT is great and is a true scholar of the game. I fully support him, but just get excited wanting to see new players when the opportunity arises.

With humble apologies to all on the board,

The Prodigal Son