1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the real fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KelvinCato13, Oct 29, 2013.

1. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but I'm watching this cHEAT/BULL**** game and I can't help but feel jealous of the Miami home crowd. I know they are regarded as a bunch of bandwagoners to which I agree, I'm willing to bet that if you ask half the people at AA tonight the majority probably wouldn't be able to list 5 players on their team just 5 years ago. But with that being said they still sell out that arena (and when i say sellout i dont mean the way the Texans do with ticket sales but they actually put butts in seats).

If you look at the lower bowl the fans actually stand, cheer, and actively engaged in the game. I know our lower bowl is mostly comprised of the higher class but why is it that their lower bowl fans are all viva Miami and ours are slow city don? How does TC get that GS/MIA/MSG vibe? I know wins and back-to-back 'chips might come into play but it seems even back in the Yao/Tracy days we still couldn't get people in the seats.

Where are our real fans? Is there a way to correct this?!

2 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Winning two chips in a row and having Lebron will do that.

3. lfw

lfw Rookie

Dude, they left before game 6 in the Finals and was listening to Allen hit the 3 on the radio in their cars.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I remember the summit being sold out from the championship years until the Francis years. If the rockets get to the finals, you won't be able to get tickets to rocket games.

5. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Are you kidding me? Miami have the most bandwagon fans in the NBA. If you want a example of real fans go watch GSW or OKC.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Mediocrity was a hell of a drug

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For game 6 vs. the Knicks in 94 I paid about $400 for a seat on the top level with my back against the wall -- when you win the fans are all in.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

someone said last week basketball isnt big in houston. football, college football, baseball, and even high school football is more popular. i dunno if the last one is true but how sad if it is

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh God, the "b****ing about Toyota Center crowds" threads have arrived! The season is really about to start! :cool:

10. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

So doesn't that make us bandwagon fans then as well if we only show up cause the team was winning (i.e. just like the Heat fans)?

And I didn't mean to say that cHeat fans were the standard by any means I would definitely say OKC/GS would be a better example. I just chose to use the Heat as an example because the game is currently on and AA has been a tough enviroment to play in as of late.

11. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I have no doubt that if that were the Rockets and we had as much expectations as that Heat team and were on the brink of losing of Houston fans would head for the exits as well..... just like before this happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8FksMVAdU

12. ILoveWhiteGirls

Toyota Center is where the real fans are at. Every seat is filled to the brim, everyone standing/cheering/showing true passion red nation style. You can always find parking and sometimes they let you park for free. Downtown is never busy, you can go in and out with ease.

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

comparing a championship game to a regular season game..

14. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I'm not shelling out a lot of money on tickets...when I can't even get the games at home.

15. Jay_g0

Jay_g0 Member

I would prefer it not to sellout..it'll be easier on my wallet and I get better seats..lol.win/win for me..

16. monk92

monk92 Member

Saying that Houston is not a basketball town is a little unfair. While our crowd might not look great on TV, only the lower bowl is lacking attendance, if you go to a game, the upper deck is pretty crowded, even for random games against garbage teams. Also, the corporate types with the club seats watch their games from the lounge a lot, which makes it look worse than it is. I guarantee you will see better numbers this year now that we are contenders. The 14 seed era after Yao and Tmac kind of burned people out, but the casual fans will make their return this year in droves.

17. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Exactly i'm saying if these people walked out on a regular season game they would also walk out on a championship game just at those bandwagoners in Miami did. especially if that was a Rocket team with Championship or bust expectations.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Last time you went to a game?

19. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I agree the 14th seed era was not to kind and only time will tell how long it takes for people to recover from the hangover that was the '14th seed era':rolleyes: