1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Where are all the Yao dominated Howard threads?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bonafide

Bonafide Member

Sometimes Yao can dominate big guys such as Shaq, Curry, Big Z because he isn't scared of "battle against muscle", but when he faces Suns, Warriors, the weakness of quick and speed is revealed.
    ( :D after a few days I registered I can post replies now.)

2. RocketsFan5354

Yao posterized Dwight Howard tonight! Take that, you Dwight Howard nuthuggers! Cry me a river! HAHAHA!

[​IMG]

3. luzhiling29

luzhiling29 Member

2 games Head to head, Why Yao better?
    all "year" long,Why Howard looks better in every category?
    Last year,Who were better? Yao.

Does H Really better than Y? No.
    Why? Because of diffrent coach, they play at diffrent systerms.
    Now Magic systerm is more suitful for H than Rocket ....

So,Yao dominated Howard 2 games Head to head.
    That's the answer.It's not H better than Yao.
    In other way,I would say ,H can't defeat Yao at now.

There are so many Yao-hater here,why? It's not like in Rocket forum.
    Someone just saw his weakness,only admire H,no applause,no praise.
    If you want H so much,you can call Alexander to trade Yao for Howard.
    Maybe magic Yao will dominated Rocket Howard in Toyota .

There are only 4 man include Shaq ,Yao,Howard,S...
    You are lucky ,ROX.
    Thre are so many team want to get Yao.

Yao has good skill and power,but poor athletics.
    The best coach will use Yao correctly with tactics.
    Show his stronger,Hide his weakness.
    Yao is far less than perfect ,so Howard does.

Just stop it,rember you are rox fans.

Sorry for my poor english.

4. bloop

bloop Member

OP made the point that Yao outplayed Howard.

That's true enough.

As for whether Howard is better than Yao, basketball is a team sport. And you can play with all sorts of statistical data to "prove' one guy is better than the other but head to head matchups are the most visceral indicators of how 2 players stack up.

In the end it's not surprising that Yao outplayed Howard. Yao has a history of showing up big versus "rivals" and as a matter of physical fact Yao has particular attributes that negate howard's strengths better than anyone else in the league

In the end it comes down to whose team has the better season. This will undoubtably be considered KG's best season due to Ws and Ls regardless of whether statistically 2007-2008 is his best or whether his skills have dropped off from 5 years ago

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

^ That sounds like a prose. ;)

I understand your point though. Yao IS better than Howard right now. But who can guarantee the future? Besides, Yao seems to play better against guys like Shaq, D Howard, Amare or Ben Wallace, but suck against the likes of Okur and Al Harrington...

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yao basically plays better against guys who can't shoot much outside of 5-10 ft. Boozer can hit crazy rainbow jumpshots from out there. Dwight can't.

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Doesn't really matter to the end result why a turn over occurs. I certainly agree that Yao gets bad calls against him, but since that happens almost every game, can that really be called an aberration at this point? It's not Yao's fault, but since it happens all the time it is a disadvantage the Rockets have to live with.

It was a pretty big contibutor in Hakeem being an all time great on the defensive end. It certainly isn't expected from most big men, but a steal is a steal regardless of who makes the steal.

Blocks per game don't mean everything, but that doesn't mean they are over rated. Certainly they weren't considered over rated when Dream was leading the league in blocks.

Yao's free throw shooting is great, but scoring 3 more points on NINE more shot attempts is hardly something to count as a positive.

Yao clearly out played Howard, but to say that Yao's stat line against Boston was better than Howard's stat line against Yao is silly.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wouldn't say Yao dominated Howard but he surely outplayed him in this one. We got the W and that is what matters most.

9. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Where are all the posters who wanted to trade Yao for KG?

Still want to do it now?

Big difference between a 7 minute domination and a whole game domination here boys.

10. eck_snoop

eck_snoop Member

I dont hate Yao....I enjoy watching him play, but comparing him to Howard is just plain stupid. Yao had better numbers then Howard because of foul trouble. The point I was saying is that Howard is a freak. yao is a great NBA center but Howard is just a FREAK. He'll go down as the best center of all time so chill out

11. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Whatever the reasoning/excuse is for not going crazy over Yao outplaying Howard...

rest assured if Howard outplayed Yao, there'd be a lot of bashing of Yao going on.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Dream, Shaq might have something to say about that...

13. eck_snoop

eck_snoop Member

let them say something.....no ones slowing down howard

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

Did you mean that Yao had better numbers because Howard had foul trouble and hence played less time? I just checked, Yao played 31:08 minutes while Howard played 33:43 minutes last night. Actually last night Yao sit on bench even longer than Howard due to foul trouble. So what's your points?

15. kwc

kwc Member

U'd better have your head examined, if you have one ... your posts are beyond stupidity. Ya, howard didn't score much because of foul. Who the heck do you think cause those fouls?

16. JustWannaChill

If it was Howard who had posterized Yao like that last night, fake Rockets fans like rofflesarusholz and TmacYao12 would have a two-men orgasm party to celebrate. Too bad it was the other way round. No orgasm for rofflesarusholz again. How sad. :(

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yao played better than dwight. ill give him props for that, but dwight is still very limited offensively, and we were playing better without yao anyways. if we want to win a championship we need yao to be a role player (a very important one) instead of the focal point of the offense.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually i said that once instance of garnett outplaying yao doesn't mean all that much.

and ya know, people don't want to have to say something everytime, we'd just wish you guys would take it down and mellow out a bit. this board has a lot of classy folks on here who know basketball and don't like all this "Yao got dominated" or "Yao dominated" or "T-mac's a lady" or "Trade x" after one bad game.

But I guess I should just do what they did, give up and stop posting.

19. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

:confused:

Wow.

If Dwight ends up anything CLOSE to what Ewing was, then you can start talking Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq.

Dwight hasn't even had a 20+ppg season yet...

Ewing had 13 consecutive 20+ ppg seasons, starting from his rookie year.

And I'm not even going to start on Hakeem.

20. KevinG

KevinG Member

I thought you "Yao Hater"(yes, I give you the title because you deserve it) are comparing Howard's stats with Yao's stats for the season and get blowed away(yeah, right, only roosters compare that stats). You are bringing up Howard and KG, Yao's stats, what's the point? They are different type of players anyway. If you could put Howard for a center(well, he is not traditional center as Yao), KG is PF. Howard is definitely in advantage because he is Young, he is fast to catch with KG. Yao is center, you expect him to run like Alston??

Now you are talking about Boston? What do you want anyway? If you love Howard or KG that much, go away, why stay here and panic everytime when the team performed better and you have defend your silly points.

I thought you denied the fact Yao outplayed Howard at first place? Yao are talking about old time center versus current rule, is that fair enough for Yao?

Hakeem is a legend, but come on, he has his hard time. If you really love old time basketball, go back and rent the tape and you can watch whatever you want.