1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all the "do something Morey" people now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Now the pressure is on to build around Russ and Harden. So, it's time for MOREY TO DO SOMETHING!!!

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When I said I wanted Morey to do something...I meant something *positive*

My mistake! Hope he proves me wrong.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

asking for a spicy defensive wing or stretch 4

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I need russ to prove me wrong.

5. riko

riko Member

Time to get Iggy or go for another big trade and trade for love

Westi
    Harden
    Gordon
    Tucker
    Love

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Bench still garbage. Get off your ass maury

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Shut it bruh

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL! I'm still uncertain how much this move improves (or if it does at all) the team, but I do like it!

It's really a crap shoot between how Westbrook & Harden meshes as well as how much both are willing/able to adjust their game vs how likely CP3 would've stayed healthy.

If Westbrook cuts down dramatically on his contested midrange jumpers and pullup threes, I expect the Rockets to be a much better/dangerous team.

I gotta give Morey credit for swinging for the fences here. IMO this move definitely raises the Rockets ceiling but at the same time, adds significant variance and unpredictability , both good and bad.

Plus Morey did this without increasing the Rockets salary this season! Tilman is smiling right now!

RocketToVegas likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's see what we can do with the role players.

WB is a threat for sure, but he isn't a good shooter so we will probably shoot worse.

We will improve on the rebounding side.

raining threes likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

Still here. He definitely did something. I like the deal to get rid of CP3’s terrible contract. I don’t like giving up picks and continued star chasing.

It’s more Carrol Dawson/ Les Alexander type of team building. I prefer building through the draft but we will see what happens next.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If this trade fails, it's just Digging a hole we will never get out of. The commitment to never rebuild via draft is pretty amazing.

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

This at least means Harden will have to do less or less load on Harden. Even if it’s to rely on Westbrick, he at least will be healthier so will play more games and always has a ton of energy and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I see the team having more fast breaks than last year. Idk I didn’t want Russ here and I feel bad for Cp3 but the move ain’t bad.
    The rumors seem to be true and now looks like the Rockets would have had a bad season with Harden and Cp3 unhappy. We saw what happened with Ryan Anderson and we saw how badly CP3 was playing and barely contributed in the playoffs. I mean he was never like last season before his injury. I was hoping he was saving energy or just needed to find his grove.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Stupid people are just normal people that have been doubling down on an incorrect view since the day they were born.

There’s a reason you’ll literally never find an arrogant/stupid person with humility.

mario_v and plutoblue11 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah you're right but considering WB is the ultimate all stats no star thats still too much for him imo. OKC can now flip Cp3 to Miami for more assets.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

a week ago I said Morey always shakes the haters off... what now? Eat crow.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Dork Elvis Strikes Again!

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Got to hand it to Presti....he knows when to blow it up....

plutoblue11 likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Even if we traded for Zion, Lebron, or Michael Jordan, there are segments of us that are still not satisfied. If you don't like Harden, you will not like this trade because he made this happen, Morey with the assists. If you like Paul, follow him to the Heat, or Lakers because he will not have OKC hold him hostage, but loves playing for paycheck. If you don't like Russell, you will not like Rockets because he is fiery and in your face. He will create disturbance sort of like Draymond Green. If you decided that this was a bad trade, it will change your mind when this upcoming season plays out. Westbrook and Harden about the same age, they want to play together, so if the Rockets change slate everyone will be gone and we'd be in the same boat as 76ers and Thunder. They want to win a ring, stats don't matter now. I'd be shocked if Westy talks more about stats than playing with Harden and wanting to win. Westy is a good teammate, check people who have played around him. Another good plus for Westbrook, he may not get Embid, but he may attract other free-agents next year maybe another DeMarcus Cousins type money player. Yeah, Morey sucks.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He gets all OKC players sans Durant and PG.