1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will you begin worrying about Jabaris jumper?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Jul 15, 2022.

?

Are you worried about Jabari’s NBA shot?

1. **** yeah I am

24 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Nope!

174 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

As has probably been noted. Half of them were in and out. Not even remotely worried. Nope.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

The best shooting big of all time (sorry Larry Bird) is Kevin Durant and he shot 28% on 3’s and only 45% on 2’s as a rookie.

The jump from Auburn to the NBA is a bigger jump than from high school to college…. Jabari will be fine as a shooter.

Deuce, cmlmel77, DrNuegebauer and 6 others like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not really. I think we learned plenty from what we've seen on the court at Summer League....but not every aspect of every player's game will be on display for different reasons.

Jabari Smith isn't a player who creates his own shot, so his shooting will be dependent on the shots he gets. His defense on the other hand, was on full display.

We also learned that guys like Christopher, Nix, and Washington (as of now) are not capable of running an offense.

There's no question that Summer League is more important for the guys who are unlikely to make the team, it's them trying out for lesser leagues, but it's not worthless for NBA players.

5. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

Am I the only one noticing a hitch in his shot? Kind of weird considering his reputation coming in.

my time to shine likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Not worried at all, just making the observation that the 3 point shoot looked really flat. He will obviously spend a lot of time shootings 3s in practice

7. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

When will I start worrying about a teenager’s jumper?! I guess when he is 26 or so and is shooting is always below 30% from three below 30% midrange?

you know LeBron has never been a great shooter and is thought by many to be the GOAT. 34% career three pointer and 29% first year. Kobe who I value much higher then LeBron is worse 32%. Had several years in 20’s.

He is 19. It’s been 4 summer league games after months of no on the court games. His shooting and form is much better then those guys. He was also playing against dudes giving it 110% trying to prove themselves and make a team. While he was just trying to get back into form.

He will be just fine. I see a retired number in Toyota Center in his future personally. But what do I know. I’m just some obsessed fan.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'll only be worried about his jumper if he becomes afraid to take them.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

His 3 ball is real, so I have no concerns about it. Just watch the tape and the volume, as well as the tough ones he made. It may not fully translate right away, but I think he’ll at least be 37% next season. KPJ shot 41% from 3 in college on lower volume, and we’re just now starting to see it. I’m not worried about Jabari

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Not just that. His free throws look super flat as well. He clanked a few back iron. He'll figure it out.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

New around here?

Jabari’s peak game was the first five minutes of this Summer League. It is all downhill from here.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari is going to be sublime on offense and on defense.

13. SummitKid83

SummitKid83 Member

Ryan Anderson was money.In fact shot better than anyone from 3 in the league at one point...so ill take that.Ryan anderson was such a glaring hole on defense and not athletic.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If he goes 0-27. I’ll be worried.

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. BonziWellsGOAT

When you stop making terrible threads

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

LeBron and Curry shoot less than 40% in summer league. Just saying.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

remember when JG couldnt hit anything and then proceeded to make everything? you are new to basketball i guess. And this teenager just started training with pros his legs got to be burning, try shooting without your legs especially with the Jabari type release

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am just pretty negative about trying to read a lot from the tea leaves through SL.

I read (therefore I am) about the Rox FO viewing Nix as an extra lotto.

I didn’t see it when he was on court in the spring.

I haven’t seen it this summer.

Mebbe, oh mebbe, Nix is a product of being the whole greater than his part and his part will blossom within the ensemble of FRP/lottos???

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Other than their shooting skills, they are not very similar. Jabari has a chance to win a few defensive awards for the next 14 years. Anderson was a great shooter, but dude was not even an average defender.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if Jabari's jumper ever starts to look like Westbrick's, I'll begin worrying

7b8d44e58575981bf5854f308f0380b9.jpeg

UTSA2step likes this.