1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

When will we unleash Demarcus Cousins?.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrWise, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

That second tech was Lebron flopping. Sure he got hit but he acted like it was egregious. I think the league has gotten two soft with the hits to the face flagrants. Players are going strong to the rim you can’t just gently swipe down at the ball. Theyre moving incredibly fast, sometimes you’re going to reach a tiny bit late. These are legit basketball plays. Not windups with no chance of blocks. League/refs over protecting and over reacting.

MrWise likes this.
  2. Sanity2disChaos

now this is funny!

3. MrWise

MrWise Member

Seemed to play pretty good tonight but only got 17 minutes.

ak99999 likes this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

When we crowdsource a timemachine.

5. MrWise

MrWise Member

he will come around

6. verysimplejason

If he can learn to think like Rodman...

7. MrWise

MrWise Member

Where all them boogie is done guys at?.

krmclaughlin likes this.
  8. MrWise

MrWise Member

it’s almost like if you play him more then 17 minutes a game he can actually get in shape, get in a groove, earn his confidence back.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is like fine wine or steak. He needs to time to breathe air to be perfect.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Still don’t expect much from him. Nothings changed for me, especially when you take into account who they played in the last 3 games

HP3 likes this.
  11. MrWise

MrWise Member

who knows if he will ever return to even the shell of his former self but normal centers or players for that matter don’t score 28 points and grab 14 rebounds. That’s an elite stat line, regardless of who it’s against.

My original post was just that he could be a huge weapon for us, whether it’s starting, off the bench and etc. even if he doesn’t put up insane numbers he’s a nice weapon to have and shows potential.

I was just baffled that he was not getting heavier minutes to be able to get in a groove and gain some confidence. Gotta let guys like this get court time, I was not a fan of how they would play him in spot minutes.

I seriously think given he’s injury free by the end of the season he will actually be solid player.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure they do. guys like brewer score 50+ pts in a game. it happens. just bc it happens doesn't mean guys are actually elite. not even close.

dude has played against bottom level talent the last 3 games. relax

13. MrWise

MrWise Member

As if brewer and boogie are comparable

the difference is boogie is a proven elite player that’s been held back by injuries so we already know what he’s capable of. Brewer has always been brewer with a random breakout game.

so the fact he’s showing signs of his old self is great news.

Sluball3 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what. I can name a list full of players with big games that doesn't mean they're elite players. but that's just wasting more of my time

HP3 likes this.
  15. HROZ

HROZ Member

Can Wood & Cousins play together?
    Esp on the defensive side.

If they can't then there won't be mins for Cousins. It's that simple.

16. MrWise

MrWise Member

you completely missed my point.

cousins is already an all star elite player. We know he has the talent already. He’s already proven what he can do his whole career. So he’s not comparable to someone like brewer. So the fact he’s having these breakout games shows much more promise then a random role player. Smh.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He’s proven he can put up big numbers. But has he ever done it on a winning team?

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  18. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

In theory it should work at least on offense. Cousins is a great passer and Wood is skilled at finishing in the paint. It certainly helps that Cousins has has found his 3 point shot as that will open the paint for Wood. Cousins is better at defending big centers and is a better rebounder. The question will be Wood defending perimeter, I can see him getting burned by fast mobile guards.

HROZ likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

No he isn’t. That’s your problem. You think he is. He hasnt proven much of anything. In fact he actually still needs to prove he’s capable of playing in this league. That’s why he’s been forced to play on mins for years now

#59 YOLO, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still want Boogie to replace Wood at the 5?

MrWise likes this.