1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will we unleash Demarcus Cousins?.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrWise, Jan 11, 2021.

1. MrWise

MrWise Member

Based on pre season and a few games I’ve seen of him he’s shown he still has it. To me the only way to truly find out is to give him a shot and get his groove. I’ve seen other rocket players who have barley put up any stats get 20-30 minutes. My only thought process is they are slowly integrating him. He’s really our only back up big aswell.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. you seem to be the only one begging for this and didn't even know this dude has been ejected more than once. he has looked bad in a number of games and ironically the best spurts hes had hes gotten thrown out in them. pre season, stop it

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I bet if you actually watch the games you’ll truly find out why he isn’t playing that many minutes.

palmsnbananas and YOLO like this.
  4. MrWise

MrWise Member

so what I didn’t know he was ejected once before?. I feel like it’s pretty irrelevant anyway.

Ive watched almost every game, must of been one of the games I missed. Feel like you going on about this to delegitimize my thread is pretty hardcore. Forum is coming off as super toxic.

1/6 vs pacers dude had 9 points and 14 rebounds in 20 minutes of play.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

why in the world is that pretty irrelevant. How are you actually going to play when you get thrown out of games

watched almost every game, must of been one of the games I missed. what an ironic statement there

it's clear that you don't keep up with this team and are just begging off of assumption and just his name. rather than actual reality and what hes actually done to this point

6. MrWise

MrWise Member

two games, I knew about one ejection didn’t know about the other. We get it your a die hard fan. God forbid I didn’t know about one ejection. Your beyond annoying. You seem to have this same toxic behavior I’ve noticed on every thread.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

horrible threads and bad posts will do that for you

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I got so hype and he looked so good that first half of his first preseason game. Then the 2nd half came and i was like okay....maybe not. Turns out, that was the only time he ever looked good. He's looked pretty much done every since. He can barely move and i know he was always a big boy, but he still moved fluidly before injuries, it looks like he's in pain when he moves now and that's with dropping weight. Once he loses hope, he'll gain weight and officially be done....

UNLESS he gets hot from 3 for long stretches. That's the only way he can maintain his value coming off the bench for 15mpg or so. He is trying. Just can't buy a basket. His legs are gone? Maybe that first half, the way he moved with fresh legs and shot the ball was all it took and something went bad and he's playing in pain and keeping it to himself for fear of his career being done? Number of times ive seen him reach down to his knee or leg area as if he had discomfort or pain.

MrWise likes this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He looks like he is done. He was a 16-8 guy with warriors. His drop is pretty hard. He should have taken pelicans deal. He got no ring. He lost a lot of money.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Rockets4Life13

Our comebacks usually start once we put cousins in. Too bad he got ejected twice. I think once he realises that he won’t get any calls and focuses on his strengths, he will be really good. His defense has been surprising me the most.

bmelo and MrWise like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doubt he contributes anything significant to this team at any point in his life. 51% chance he gets RELEASED, IMO. Unfortunately, this team is SO BAD, unlike the Lakers or GSW who could afford to dump him, we could actually use some help, so squeezing some juice out him is worth the try.

If it was me, you watch Adelman film, and let him play Webber's role in the high post with the 2nd unit exclusively. It solves the issue of not having a PG outside of Harden (Wall is no PG) and gives Cousins a purpose, something he can hang his hat on. It's also a scheme EGO would enjoy and excel in. PLUS - it's a wrinkle that will make gameplanning for us tougher.

Let him get 4.5 assists in 18min and keep the 2nd unit interested.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes his defense has been solid as well as his rebounding. He is starting to look better on offense lately and his passing is already superb. Here is a lighthearted tweet that I found funny.

Morris wanted no part. I am glad how Boogie handled that coming to the defense of a rookie being cheap shotted. I am also impressed that he kept his cool when Morris came after him.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

More interested to know when we'll unleash James Fxxxing Harden.

clos4life and CK Johnson like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

He keeps sinking in those waters. I'm not sure more minutes will make him float.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Two.

16. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

He's kind of a heavier, stronger, more skilled, but slightly worse shooting version of Ryan Anderson at this point. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But not a quality starter in this league anymore imo

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

All i am reading is that hes been bad but matter of fact the only time we looked on par with lakers is with him on the floor. Once he got ejected we were done. He almost always sparks bench run, obviously he still needs to work to get his legs but yall trippin on Boogie. He brings in guts and size. Btw Im really glad he floored Morris. If it wasnt for him these punks like Morris/Dwights etc would bully all the youngsters from Rockets just like in playoffs. Boogie floored that b**** and Lakers got fracture in their confidence which dissappeared once he stepped off the arena and they went back to bully ball

JayGoogle and pr0wler like this.
  18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

For a min cousins looked like the only person who could hit a 3 for us before Bmac exploded..

he is prob the best backup big we could ask for...

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In both games where we've tried to use him in a major role he has gotten double Td in the first half. Not looking promising. We need a 3rd big in a bad way.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Boogie when hes ready to go off on the league

[​IMG]