1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will the JVG haters start their "Fire Rick" Chant?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'm expecting Rockets03 to get behind the bench and start his "fire Rick chant' anyday now.

No, actually, that wouldn't happen because the JVG haters were frauds all along. It was never about wins and losses. It was never about what was
    best for Yao and Tmac and the possibilities with those two. It was about personal dislike. It was about petty nitipicking. It was about apperances, image. JVG supporters didn't like or dislike JVG, we were looking at the big picture.

Right now the JVG haters are so giddy that JVG is gone their gettin' giddy about imagining Yao doing the robot dance when he didn't even actually do the robot dance. hahah

#1 Texas Stoke, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I can't speak for all the other card carrying JVG haters, but I can speak for myself, and if Rick Adelman goes an entire season playing Rafer Alston at PG, I will lose a lot of respect for him.

However, I am going to give him some time to figure out what each player can do, and not do, and then the Rockets should be on fire in the 2nd half.

JVG failed here Stroke...HE FAILED MISERABLY......and was deservedly fired.

Time to move on.....there is no going back.

Hey, maybe JVG can get the Knicks job next and you can root for him there.

DD

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Does it matter. JVG was let go because Les is a JVG hater. The entire coaching selection process is a lunch with Clyde. Enough said. Les doesnt care about the Rockets.

4. Texas Stoke

so thats how it's gonna be?

In that case, why are you here, shouldn't you be rooting for the Greek Pantenikos team somewhere?

I'm just saying be CONSISTENT fellas be CONSISTENT.

5. RedRaiderRocket

Well I am still far from sold on Adelman he should be given at least one season to prove his value. People say JVG desserved to be fired, and thats why he is working ESPN instead of coaching, guess same could of been said about Adelman last season. Either way a 9-9 record after started 6-1 is very sad. The two main concerns about PG and PF are still two huge concerns as of now. Right now it is the battle of playing time to see who is the least inept. All three of our PG's would be bench players in most teams in the NBA.

6. MoonWalker

MoonWalker Member

my signature exists for a reason :D

7. Wimpy Winston

Wimpy Winston Member

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

I dont know if JVG failed miserably. Can you define miserable.

He took Dallas and Utah to game 7 with much worse personnel. Not to mention we had 50 + wins when Tmac and Yao were healthy.

However, I am still behind Adelman right now.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Coaching is overrated. It wasn't JVG fault last year. He was a scapegoat due to the complete lack of talent across the board surrounded by McGrady and Yao. He did get the best out of his role players last year. Plug in a new coach and you're seeing the same problems this year that plagued the team last year. Only worse since the Rockets did actually beat the teams they were supposed to beat.

10. coolzh

coolzh Member

JFG was deserved to be fired?
    do u have any idea about how strong of western confence? Even tough team like Suns with 3 All-star players could not even win the western champion once. Rockets just lost 1 game to Jazz who advenced to western final. i did not see why this could be JFG's fault.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

So you're saying that 4 years = 4 weeks?

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yes Junior !!! I have been a Rockets fan probably longer than you have been alive.

I remember John Lucas Sr. being involved in a bad call in the Eastern conference finals....do you?

Personally, I believe that Rick Adelman will be better in the long run.

DD

13. Texas Stoke

I'm saying 4 weeks = 4 weeks.

Rockets03, one of the VIP members of the JVG Hating Fan Club, was behind JVG's bench starting a "Fire JVG" chant 4 weeks into JVG's first season. and that kinda started it all. So i'm looking for consistency from these cats to see if it's about the Rockets or it was just about petty dislikes about JVG that had nothing to do with actual wins and losses.

To be clear, I'm not for firing Rick Adelman. I'm just looking for consistency from the "Fire JVG" club.

14. Wimpy Winston

Wimpy Winston Member

15. Texas Stoke

Right WimpyWinst.

Yao had to do what he did tonight because his coaches tonight... they didn't have his back.

It was like he was all alone out there getting infuriated.

JVG would have killed someone tonight.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well when JVG gets another head coaching job with the Rockets we will be consistent and start the Fire JVG chants again.

mmmmmkay !

DD

17. Wimpy Winston

Wimpy Winston Member

I was against firing JVG from day 1 :(

18. Texas Stoke

See I was going to get you a beard comb with Spanoulis autograph on it.

Now I aint.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It's getting very close, I thought that he should have been fired already, just like Don Chaney was!! :p No JVG of course!!!!!!!!!

20. Tuan

Tuan Member

And just how did he fail MISERABLY?? Yea, it was all JVG's fault our team was cap restricted from the time he got here. He did a wonderful job retooling the lineup with all the limitations. Let me guess.... It is all JVG's fault Yao and TMac got injured.

It is obvious you hate on JVG for all the WRONG reasons. IMO, JVG did not got the credit he deserved, and Les fired him for his boring style and and personality.

You proclaimed RA as the savior from the get go and look at the results now. Sure its early but what I see is surely not very encouraging. If were losing because we were actually trying to run his new offense, I would be fine as there would be a need for an adjustment period. But we are losing games running the EXACT same offense as JVG. Where is the cutting, Tmac playing without the ball, Yao getting better post up, and the motion? And look at our D. JVG must be rolling over with the way we defend.

In conclusion, RA has a healthier and fresh looking TMAC, and injury free YAO, and a better supporting cast, and we are only playing .500 ball? LOL JVG got more from this team with a gimped TMAC, an injured YAO, and NO bench. Simply put, its looking UGLY.