1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will management hold a press confrence?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jun 29, 2006.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would love for management to answer questions about this trade. I know that they can't speak on specifics of a trade because Battier is a BYC player but their is nothing from keeping them from saying that they are not planning on having Gay on the team.

Other teams around the league have been introducing their draft picks today but the Rockets management is either scared or humiliated.

One question I would like answered is this...Is there any chance at all that Gay will wear a Rockets uniform when the NBA season starts?

I think the Rockets owe their fans some answers. The same fans that supported "Save our Rockets" and helped get the new arena built.

It's time for management to address the fans and media and answer some questions.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Whenever their purchase of a bulletproof motorcade comes in. Otherwise, I'd find it hard for them to come out alive this time.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know what management can or can't say but the fans need to get immediate answers as to the future direction of the organization. We are at the crossroads to an uncertain future.
    There is no chance that Gay will ever play for us IMO.

4. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Maybe we can trade Battier for him

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

i hope someone throw one or two eggs at them. Rox are run by idiots :mad: :mad:

6. crash5179

Management has made bad move after bad move.

At some point the question has to be asked: What is the goal when these moves are made? Are they trying to build a championship team or just a competitive team with a managable salery?

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd say no chance.

I was the one who said he may be our target on draft day because that's exactly what I was told, so I have to apologize for relaying that misinformation. But important sources who I tried to confirm that with before would say, "Hmm, I hadn't heard that". Now they say, "Yeah, sorry - I knew that was false because I knew they didn't like him." Gay was all smoke .... clearly Roy was the real target.

I don't believe they want Rudy Gay at all. I'm hearing his past of disappearing in big games and something about an interview not impressing had him off their board. I believe they want Shane Battier and want go through with this deal.

But I haven't slept in 40 hours so I may be a bit loopy :)

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You can be loopy, Clutch. I'll continue being livid. :(

9. crash5179

I have spent a lot of time since the draft trying to look at the positive side to all of this.

I really like Battier. I think he is the epitomy of a role player that is a good piece to any team. But then I think of what the potential of Gay is and it just makes me nuts.

The thing that really bugs me the most is that the trade can not even be made official before July 12th so why not just bring in Gay, TMac, Rafer and a few other Rockets and get them on the floor together for a couple of days and see how he looks with them. Spend some extensive time with the guy over the next couple of weeks and then if you still don't like him make the trade. If he looks good, then tell West to find another trade partner.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Are you hearing anything else about the deal? Something with the trade exception, maybe, as part of the deal.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh I'm with you.... I just threw in the smilie to keep from cryie.

12. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No one can talk about the deal because of the threat of the fine.... but umm... yeah, that's the deal: 2-for-1.

Why Jerry West freely talks and no Rocket official does is what I'm curious about.

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

maybe the Rockets are having remorse and they don't want to confirm it!!!!!!!!! :eek:

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How about this then...from the sources you're talking to, if any are inside the Rockets organization, yet not involved in the decision making process, are they actually happy about the trade and think they got value in return?

Argh, it's just so frustrating.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Gotcha. :)

They are using the BYC thing as an excuse not to speak to their fans about the trade? How lame is that?? They're gutless. They should come out and explain the trade. OK, they can't explain it, but they could at least give us some good freakin' lies! :mad:

I've been mean and b!tchin' at everyone who comes around me, in "real life." Walking around mumbling obscenities mixed in with the words Rockets, Van Gundy, Morey, CD and Gay. My wife looks askance at me. The dog has taken to hiding under a table when he's in the house. The kids are staying buried in a book or the Xbox 360, playing outside when I'm inside, and generally being the smart kids that they are.

I feel like a zombie. I had a horrible dream about a bear with a basketball, who kept eating it. I woke up yelling, "Feed the post, dammit! FEED THE POST!!" He kept eating the ball, like it was a peanut M&M. At least I was able to figure out the significance of the peanut M&M... a peanut representing the collective size of the brains of the Rockets brass.

Summer's supposed to be fun in ClutchLand for ClutchFans. A period when you collect the nuggets of hope and save them up for the season to come. We've got nuggets without the chicken. (maybe the chicken is in Denver) I feel like they're stolen the fun and left Jessica Alba with her clothes on. It didn't have to be like this!

17. TracyMcCrazyeye

rudy gay was not picked because of what some people said about him? did the rockets even give him a chance or work him out? if not, that is some narrow-minded $&^* up in there. :mad:

18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a conference call this morning for season ticket holders. Les, JVG and others. Took questions from the crowd. Its not like they are hiding.

19. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

good what did they say?

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Maybe we traded for Battier so he will be our new GM. I can dream can't I? :)