1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Dwight finally show up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gil, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

Because he's looking like a downgraded version of Tyson Chandler or Deandre Jordan out there at this moment. The only exception is those two aren't being paid $22m per year.

The scapegoats on here always seem to be McHale, Lin or Harden but I don't think I've ever seen any constructive criticism aimed at Dwight since he's being signed. Aside from his FT shooting.

I really thought this would be a night with Parsons and Lin both out he would finally step up and have a "statement game" but he went a pathetic 7-12 for a measly 15 points and was a non factor in the 4th quarter as usual.

Apart from the Dallas game on the road which we ended up losing anyway, I don't think he's had a standout type night for us yet. He really needs to get his head out of his ass because he's looking brutally mediocre out there.

You'd expect the likes of Beverley, Lin, Parsons and Harden to still have flaws in their games considering they are still relatively inexperienced and are in their early 20's but what on earth is Dwight's excuse? Last year the blame for his poor play fell on Kobe "selfishness" and his problematic back, he's worked with McHale and Hakeem in the offseason and he's out of that cancerous environment in LA. He simply doesn't have any, a ten year vet and a multi-time all star simply cannot be so fundamentally flawed and mentally weak.

In case anyone has forgotten this man is our self-proclaimed leader not Harden but he's yet to act like one yet.

1 person likes this.
  2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Dwight is overrated. I was one of the few who hated that signing.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Win streak must be over, here they come.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

People been gassed up on Howard since this summer, I spoke the truth in my Howard is past his prime thread, & can't make them no more, CF just know I told y'all when playoffs come around

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree. Dwight is overrated, overpaid. They should honestly look to trade him.

What are they getting at $20+ million that they can't get at $8 million from Asik?

6. nono

nono Member

What can you do ? He has been tutored by Hakeem and still can't post. That's like learning math from Newton and then not being able to do addition and subtraction.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Were u a Howard believer when he was with the lakers?

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

He will never show up. He will be Stoudmire Version 2.0.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Someone who can catch the ball? And score on PnR plays?

Howard is a better Asik...

DD

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard best game out of almost 20 here as a rocket was DALLAS when he scored 30 and guess what CFs we still lost !!!

11. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

Honestly think Dwight's lack of shots has to do with the fact he doesn't really like to do the PnR. He is frigging awesome at it, the limited times we run it this season its either a good lane to the rack for the guard or a foul/dunk for dwight.

However he insists on posting up which he isn't very good at when the double comes or when forced left. At some point he needs to realize there is no shame being a PnR guy, heck Karl Malone is a HoFer because of that one play.

12. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

hmmm I was one of the guys who wanted Josh Smith and just start Asik

but it has been done so no reason to complain now

13. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

Love this.

14. nono

nono Member

Yeah but is he $12m better ? Any team with half decent bigs shuts him down. There is a ridiculous disparity between his ability and the expectations people have of him. He is just a mediocre post player. Since he doesn't like the pick and roll, that he is an overall mediocre offensive player.

1 person likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Losses do really depressing things to this forum. Did the Portland, Dallas, Denver (amongst others) just fly out the window?

1 person likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Catch the ball and score on PnR...yeah, as if scoring is our problem.

And that's worth an extra $12 million? Hahaha :grin:

17. hahachui

hahachui Member

Yes.
    But it is not worth the extra money at this point

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Omg trade everybody

19. yummyhawtsauce

To be fair Dwight never got the ball in the fourth. But that's no excuse to not play defence. I think he wants to be part of the offense too

20. Play07

Play07 Member

He got exposed tonight, no parsons or Lin to back him up, it's all on him and the $22,000,000 the replies will be funny tonight