1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Brewer get Isoed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Jan 8, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What a bunch of drama queens!

mario_v likes this.
  2. PeppermintCandy

The Rockets may be overpaying Brewer, but his energy has been infectious and his passing has been big for the bench unit. If there was a stat for hockey assists, he's probably in the top three for the team.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we're not paying for his talent, we're paying for his veteran leadership and locker room presence /bof's

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Corey doesn't bother me as much this season. He only pulls up from 3 when he's wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open -- even though you know he's gonna brick them, it's better shot selection than we saw from him last year. An eventual upgrade would be nice, but I can't manage to get myself super worked up over it considering how little he plays.

glenadyll, RocketWalta and Tha_Dude like this.
  5. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Corey could be preparing for the final. Trick everyone to think he is a terrible shooter so the CAVs would leave him open all the time. Then he throw those daggers... Ok, I'm just kidding.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well codman said he's getting traded so im stickign with that story cuz its th eonly one that makes sense with kj rotting on the bench

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Sorry, I can't condone any top 40 list that DOESN'T have Harden in it ;)

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To quote Jalen (this time only, I'll quote, and wasn't said about Brew BTW but could have been), "There's a reason he's open!"

BTW - I love Brew. Uh, except when he has the ball in, or 'near', his hands...

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Pretty hypocritical for you to complain. You have spent 3 years now bashing Morey for letting Parsons go. You bash him for letting go of every player you like using the "keep your players!" excuse. He then pays a guy who was a contributor on the WCF team and you complain about that.

Just admit, you'll never be happy. It doesn't matter what decisions get made, if a championship isn't won you will flip flop all over the place to criticize. I think the only thing Morey could do aside from winning a title that would satisfy you is have a team full of white Euros.

larsv8 and saintja2 like this.
  10. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I wonder how often Brewer practices 3s?

11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Hes a rotation player so teams will think he's good because of our record. Trade bait for morey

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Every time he gets the rock in the corner.

seeingred and alethios like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

What do you mean by "Isoed" OP?

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Can he not go and spend some time with Calvin Murphy and learn how to shoot. Hell just about anyone with a pulse could hit 21%. Is there such a think as shooting the three underhanded?

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't remember him being this bad at shooting when we first got him. Watching him is comical

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

play KJ. at least he will get 1-2 easy dunks and MAYBE hit a 3.

every time i watch brewer shoot i feel like i have to send my energy for it to have any chance of going in.

17. simon_!

simon_! Member

exactly this. brewie started to visit me in my nightmares last season, and this season stayed there only by inertia.
    i have to be honest and say that my bad sentiments for him are now just plain folklore.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not a Brewer hater. He is a hustler like Bev, and helps in ways others don't. We have guys whose main purpose is just throwing up 3's, and no, he isn't one of them. We have guys who are great rebounders, and guys who don't even bother. How many guys have come in a game and gotten 3 steals, a block and 2 rebounds in less than 14 minutes? Look, they all have their strengths, and he simply does what other don't even try to do a lot of the time. How many times have we seen 2 or 3 guys standing around in the paint and nobody wanting to draw a foul, so someone makes an easy layup? Yeah, Brewer can be a spaz at times, but I'll take a greyhound over an old mare when we aren't getting anywhere.

Gordon is a great 3 pt shooter, but has been 4 of 25 the last couple games. Brewer played better than Dekker last night, but some games Dekker is great. Nobody is great every game, but you can never say Brewer isn't hustling and giving his all on every play, like you can others at times. Sometimes guys are tired or have dead legs and just don't have what it takes to hustle like Brewer will. It's that extra effort that makes a difference when we need it most.

#58 deb4rockets, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  19. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Corey needs better shoes, I think.. something that won't let him slip too often.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

I think this assessment is lazy. From what I saw early in the season, KJ looked pretty good. He clearly worked on his outside shot, he was constantly cutting to the rim from the weakside, and he was solid on defense as usual. The difference is when Brewer sucks he's allowed to play through his mistakes in which KJ isn't. But KJ's overrall play looked pretty good.

KJ>>>>>>>>>Brewer