1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Bama grow some cajones n make a change

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Dec 17, 2012.

?

When?

1. Never, too many sensitive hicks

85.7%
  2. After 4 more shootings

14.3%
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you're pretty much right. I do think the Assault weapons ban will reduce some gun violence. It won't make a huge dent, and it would take a real ban like you mentioned to do that.

Like I've said the biggest most significant part of the assault weapons ban, isn't the ban on assault rifles. It's the ban on extended magazines.

Despite the limited effectiveness of just banning certain types of guns going forward, with the constitution and gun culture in this nation a real ban isn't practical. And I admit as a gun owner I'm being selfish. I don't want to give up my guns and shooting them. I enjoy it. If it would prevent significant numbers of deaths, I'd be willing to give up my guns and the hobbies of shooting them. I wouldn't like it, but I'd do it.

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324461604578188680585236550.html

Psychologist's agree that many men and women own guns because it's an extension of insecure traits regarding their lack of sexuality and erectile longevity. "It emboldens boys who can't win with words to cavort as men," said Sally Ngugenheimer, renowned psychologist. "Women who own guns, well, they're practically dykes."

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

The name is Obama and there is signs he has some not like the one before him.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Frankly much less bloody than what is going on with guns violence now.

Most "rednecks" are just ordinary law abiding folks and not crazed militia types which do spring up occasionally. .
    for instance if assault weapons are banned as they were before 204 IIRC they will comply or rather peacefully go to jail.

Despite silly movies on fantasies to the contrary they are no match for law enforcement.

5. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    don't tread on me!