1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When the Regular season starts, Lin Fans need to..

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WRONG.

At least learn some Rockets history and facts before you make any statements.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ts-turn-attention-to-re-signing-goran-dragic/

Morey, however, has said retaining Dragic is a top priority. Dragic has said he would like to be back with the Rockets, but he also wants a starting job as he heads into his fourth NBA season.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/05/goran-dragic-interest-heating-up/
    That means interest in Dragic is starting to pick up. After he passed on Houston’s reported offer of $8 million per year, Dragic could very well have his pick of the remaining teams in need of help at the point.

#461 tinman, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

"have his pick of the remaining teams"

well then dont you think he could have been offered a better contract

like a 4th year player option

you can pretend that the Rox were not going after Howard if you wish....

3. tinman

Supporting Member

When did I say they weren't going after Howard?

Lin fan,

we know about our team history. you don't. go search clutchfans on the dragic contract thread and you can see that WE know hour by hour what was going on.

What do you think all those draft picks, getting rid of Lowry, getting rid of Chase and releasing Luis Scola was for?

Do you even know anything about the Rockets before Lin joined the Rockets?

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

+1 :)

5. tinman

Supporting Member

thanks for keeping this thread going.

we need to educate the LOFs of the ways of the Rockets.

simple things, like we care about the Rockets not the Knicks

6. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

With three minutes left in the fourth q, the score is

dialtone888, +1, tinman, 0. :p

7. tinman

Supporting Member

are you talking about status and rep points?

LOL.

8. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

You're very much welcome. Also, on behalf of the T-Mac fans such as myself, we would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your comments in the various threads in the BBS. Thank you for keeping our favorite player relevant in this site even though he is in China now. Rest assured, your contributions will be recognized :)

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I haven't made a T-mac thread in forever. It is you guys who keep him alive on the site. I just point out facts when you guys make up hypothetical situations. :)

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know Tinny, you are always harping about being a Rockets fan and in the same sentence you take a huge crap on this Rockets team. What up with that?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Hey badlee. Quote me where I said that.

In my first post, I just warned the Lin fans not to argue with you because you just want the dude on the bench (whatever that guy is) to be the starter.

you don't hate Lin, you just hate starters.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You in charge of understanding how to use stats

How many games did Lin play last season and how many did he start

How many games did Dragic play last season and how many did he start

13. tinman

Supporting Member

This is the part of 'newer' fans who are not 'team' fans that gets me.

they recently 'become' fans of your team and they think they know everything about the team, but not based on facts or experience.

apollo,

have you been here during the YOF invasion? I think you know the TOF plague well.

14. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

If Rockets didn't dump Dragic, then Dragic dumped Rockets.

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

seems to me we agree on most things LIN hater

you have a chip on your shoulder...

like you want to argue with Lin fans, just for the sake of argument...

Yao is gone now get over it...

16. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

btw I dont have to be watching a thread hour by hour to know Morey was going for Howard or lottery...

a few of you just want to argue if ONLY the Rox kept this player or that player...

like it was going to make much of a difference on a team going lottery right now

17. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

That's the nature of this sport. Any team that gets a well-liked, well-known player from another team, that is going to attract new fans to that team. There were suddenly several million more Wizards fans when Jordan played for them. Teams are made up of individuals. Fans are fans of teams and individuals alike. No one can change that unless they contractually tether each player to one team for their whole career. Telling a bunch of fans how to act is like telling the Red Rowdies to calm down - ain't gonna happen.

Should Turkish fans of Asik act a certain way too? What's the protocol on that?

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The protocol is you take an solem oath to put the Rockets before any player/individual. We've seemn YOF's, TOF's over the years take all the credit to their faveriote player and bash others to propup their idol. Thats not gonna fly here anymore.

LOF's are allready in their short time are heading down that checkerd path again.YOF's bashed Tmac, TOF's bashed Adelman and les went things went south and LOF's are allready bashing Dragic to make Lin look good.

19. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Can someone post adjusted stats for both Dragic and Lin as starter? Otherwise the arguments are running circles.

20. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I admit I am a JLin fan and become a Rocket fan now because of him.
    What I can not understand is why all fans are still arguing who is better than who when those players are no longer Rockets players. Why not embrace the current team for what we have and wishing them to play hard, team ball and built chemistry game by game, win or lose. When a player played bad, encourage him for the next game while analyzing what when wrong and provide suggestion how to improve, instead of bashing?
    I have been scratching my head by seeing all these senseless argument keep on going. SMH.