1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

When the Regular season starts, Lin Fans need to..

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll give you a history of Clutchfans.

Kam doesn't like me.

If I liked drinking water, he'd hate water.

2. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Or:

Finds Clutchfans. creates and account,

Found troll, fought troll,

tinman wanted Lin fan to shut up, at the same time gave troll a free pass.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

i don't understand

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Neither do I. If anything else, this thread thought me some history background on some posters here. It's dynamic. I love it. :grin:

5. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

I understand!
    As I recalled from my elementary school class room.
    Mrs. Smith openned the door and said
    "Children, you are making too much noise!"
    "This is a quiet time; let''s not disturb each other"
    "Let's be quiet and read your book!"
    Mrs. Smith closed the door and exited.
    All my classmates start to scream louder and louder.

Tinman wants order and other fans want freedom of speech!

lol,

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one said you couldn't talk about Knicks related stuff. They just have a forum for that called NBA Dish.

If you want to talk about Obama, there's the D&D, if you want to talk football there's a forum for that too.

This forum was created to talk about the Rockets, not for Knicks fans or fake Knicks fans to relive Jeremy Lin's Knicks days.

7. Jenopogi

And he never quits to drive the point. A good player characteristic. Unfortunately, there would be another post which intentionally or unintentionally say something contrary, then back to square 1. Then, repeat. Lol at this thread.

8. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

I am in total agreement with you. You can take that to NBA Dish or D&D and other forums.

But the title is "When the Regular season starts, Lin Fans need to.."
    Since this is a preseason, in effect, you are telling them it is OK now. :)

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

But you don't know Mercado. :grin:

10. Jenopogi

Sarcasm at it's finest :grin: what can you say Tinman?

11. King Boo

King Boo Member

Hey, I posted that video. You made this thread for me? I am honored to receive tinman rage. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

tinman,

This should be the template used for all those who only cheer for certain players.

No disrespect to those fans who are taking what you wrote personal, but it was a good thing to do. The last thing we need is a repeat of the TOF and YOF...

t_man

13. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Funny stuff. Repeat of the Knicks boards from last year, fans at each others throats about nothing of consequence. History does repeat itself sometimes, and I think the LOFs are hoping it happens again, including myself. If Lin regresses to the middle, or worse, the LOFs will disappear, as well as the LOHs. Winning is everything in sports, and the fair weather fans will find themselves less excited about a losing team, and you'll see less LOFs and LOHs.

@ Tinman, "fans" I do believe comes from "fanatics." People get excited, let them focus their attention on their favorite player. You still can continue to give a more balanced dissection of the team, and let the LOFs and LOHs focus on the reason they watch the games. I will tell you something, when this board becomes a haven for only the die-hards, your team is not good. Embrace the exuberance of the extra energy from the new posters, and if Lin isn't as good as advertised, that energy and their posts will decline. Then you don't need to dictate rules for content, because everyone will be like you, a die-hard fan of a team of no relevance (notice I didn't say "true" fan, since that's a load of malarky, a fan is a fan, there are no "true" and "false" fans). One other things, LOFs can become fans of the Rockets. I became a fan of the Knicks, and although I'm no longer a fan of the Knicks, I still root for some of the players that I liked. You can always add people/teams to your list of favorites, you are not stuck with the one you live closest to, or the one grandpa followed. Chill out, and wait for the start of the season. This team has a lot of potential, but more than anything, lots of question marks. Could be a special season, or if you want to go the pessimistic route, a team full of young players, making mistakes and playing inconsistently. But why go half-empty, when there's a sliver of a chance that things might get special. They were special last year for the Knicks with Lin, why not just hope it might happen here. I understand tempering expectations, but it's preseason, the best time to hope for great things to happen in the future for the team/player you're rooting for this season.

1 person likes this.
  14. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Fan boys? 70-80% Lin fans are ladies. And that's a fact.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How many ladies would join a Rockets forum because of Lin? Think 95% here are male.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Maybe he meant Toyota Center???

17. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Fixed.

1 person likes this.
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sigh, looks like the GARM is back to its usual tricks. Last season was so much better without the bandwagoners.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

should tinmac change his name to linman?

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so let me get this straight. jeremy lin is the face of our franchise. tinmac doesn't want anyone to speak of anything in the past history of the face of our franchise?

:confused::confused::confused: