1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When is this organization gonna shut up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 30, 2019.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL you guys are acting like someone kicked your puppy or punched your kid. That's even more pathetic IMO. We have a good team. Let's see what actually happens this season.

AroundTheWorld, Williamson and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Its their job to try. Jimmy never wanted to come, cant do nothing about that.

beard4life and BamBam like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wouldn’t go that far. Leaking stuff and using the media isn’t a fireable offense.

In the end, his star player acquisition continues to excel, his other free agency pickups and draft picks have panned out... and while the Paul contract is unlikely to age well, it did put this team in the best possible position to win a championship.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I called it. The "well atleast Morey tried his hardest" excuse. Only if hardest trier won championships

5. ball king23

ball king23 Member

It might help if we actually do something and stop shooting for star players and keep your first round pick and stop trading them for players that a not doing anything also it helps to also not tell the media about fireworks and confidence until you get results and do not put a trade on hold for someone unless they can make it happen that next day and shut the rest of the offers down bar none

beardsanity713, Ramo$e and Der Rabbi like this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Well at least now all the people crying about how they don't want Butler and want to build further around Harden and CP3 with "good players" can finally shut the **** up. In a couple of weeks, hopefully so will all the dumbasses calling for Morey's head.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Game7

Game7 Member

Obligatory: when are YOU gonna shut up?

cheke64 likes this.
  8. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The Houston Rockets want to be football's Dallas Cowboys.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It's not the organization's fault for saying they were confident they were gonna sign Butler. It's your fault if you believed any of that bullshit. You should have known from the second that bimathug cap rundown came out that the chances of signing a big star were 0%

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Tilman and Morey LOVE to talk. It's what they do.

If they didn't talk, then Clutchfans would be complaining that they NEVER say anything.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why aren't Rockets Legend & Utah GM Dennis Lindsey or Pelicans GM David Griffin or Nets GM Sean Marks talking?

joshuaao, PeterKingX and tinman like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Love Morey but yeah the overconfidence the past 18 months has made our team look a bit silly, but I will say this....

I applaud the front offices self control when they do strike out and they don’t instead pull a Knicks like move.

Not getting the deal you were telling everyone you were getting is embarrassing but it would compound the problem to not recognize when you struck out and make another bad deal just to feel like you made good on your claims.

13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Or Arch-nemesis Sam Presti who silently stabs you in the butt and then grins

PeterKingX and J.R. like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Let’s see what they get for Clint. My guess is he might be dealt to Boston for Gordon Hayward and his terrible contract but unlike CP I think if Hayward can stay healthy he might be worth that deal

15. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

all hat no cattle

16. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

We will probably win the consolation " we were 2nd on Butler's list" prize

SMFH

17. dejamike

dejamike Member

I would pay money to see that lol

18. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree with you. Where the hell did Miami come from? All this talk about trading Capela and things being lined out once Jimmy Butler makes his mind up about joining the Rockets. We talk to damn much. Keep quiet some time. Whether you wanted Jimmy B. here or not, Morey screwed it up.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is that gonna hang/sit next to the "We took the Warriors to six games" banner/trophy?

CometsWin likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And yes I agree with some that there will need to be some smoothing over with Capela, EG, and PJ. I think especially Capela who could take it personally when he’s done everything this team has asked him to do to make the Harden powered offense work and really hasn’t been involved in major trade talks in the public until now.

EG and PJ are vets that get it.... well... depending on how they feel about Jimmy Butler. If they see him as a top shelf superstar I think they’ll be cool with it. If word around NBA circles is that he’s overpaid, and overhyped, NBA players then take that seriously.