1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When does abortion become murder?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Oct 15, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I've asked this question a few times, but no one seems to be able to give an answer to it.

If you stick your finger in a power socket, there is a big chance that you might get electrocuted.

If you have sex, especially unprotected sex, there is a big chance that if you're a female, you will get pregnant...

If you don't want to get electrocuted, don't stick your finger in a power socket, if you don't want to get pregnant...

It is time that people started taking responsibilities for their actions. If you choose to have sexual relations and end up pregnant, your choice shouldn't cost the life of an innocent child, in my opinion.

This to the men, if you have sex with a girl and she ends up pregnant, MAN UP snd do the right thing. If she chooses to keep the child, it is your responsibility and duty to care for that child. Even you think that it was a mistake or an accident, deal with it.

I also believe that if a man wants to keep the baby ( in the case of consensual sex ) he should have the legal right to stop the woman from having an abortion. That little passenger in her womb is half his.

In the real world mistakes and accidents rarely just go away, and before some left wing pro women's choice activist starts using the the Rape scenario as an excuse or justification to take an innocent life, a child shouldnt lose its right to life simply because its mother was a victim of crime. Two wrong very rarely, if ever, make a right.

Here is an article that I googled that seems to deal directly with the Question of abortion after Rape...but that is issue is already being dealt with in another thread:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227275&page=5

I mean a child in the womb isn't really alive until they are born, right....:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

...and that's not a real smile, is it?

BTW:
    Still nobody has answered my question of when abortion would be considered murder or terminating a life... 3 months, 6 months or 9 months?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I ask this question, if at 9 months, just as the mother is about to give birth she decides that she no longer wants to have a baby, should she still have the right to terminate the life of the child and end her pregnancy?

1 person likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After 24 weeks.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Izak, thank you for this thread. We need to talk about abortion more, there just don't seem to be enough threads on the first page. If we establish the exact time when it becomes murder, the disagreement will obviously dissapear.

I noticed in the other thread you made this exact post and everyone ignored it. I cunningly figured out that this question could unravel the whole mystery and these posters were ignoring you, not because it is irrelevant, but because they know that if they answer this question then the joy of being stubborn ends for them. Well done.

This thread will definitely force them into answering the question even if they didn't want to in the other thread. Can't wait to see the responses.

1 person likes this.
  4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

No, 204 weeks because a child cannot take care of himself/herself until about that stage. So, if you don't like the hair or eye color or they are too much of a lifestyle burden, it should be a parent's right to just pull the plug. It is not the business of anybody else. Right?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Overreaction *cough cough*

6. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Murder - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Considering that it is LEGAL to have an abortion, it can't be considered murder when the procedure is done.

Unless you are a woman, it is impossible to fathom this type of choice.
    --------------------------------------------
    Study showing why women have abortions(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16150658):

CONTEXT:
    Understanding women's reasons for having abortions can inform public debate and policy regarding abortion and unwanted pregnancy. Demographic changes over the last two decades highlight the need for a reassessment of why women decide to have abortions.

METHODS:
    In 2004, a structured survey was completed by 1,209 abortion patients at 11 large providers, and in-depth interviews were conducted with 38 women at four sites. Bivariate analyses examined differences in the reasons for abortion across subgroups, and multivariate logistic regression models assessed associations between respondent characteristics and reported reasons.

RESULTS:
    The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents' or partners' desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.

CONCLUSIONS:
    The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study.
    ----------------------------------------------

Furthermore, if abortion would ever become illegal again, how do you propose policing women who choose to abort their fetuses? Throw them in jail? Pay a fine? Our courts/jails are already overloaded. Many of these women are an important part of our work force.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

it is between 0-9 month. Are two cells considered a person? four cells?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When I stick my finger in there, I usually don't get electrocuted.

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

An abortion thread.

Here's the issue: most people who oppose abortion do so because of religious affiliations (not everyone, of course). Religious affiliations are not really subject to rational arguments.

So, here's what would have to happen to resolve the abortion debate: A person would either have to deny a tenet of their religious affiliation, or someone would have to adopt a tenet of a religious affiliation they don't otherwise have.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but in case you are not this is exactly the type of spamming / trolling of the board that actually prevents getting substantive discussion on topics.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What gave my seriousness away?

I was trying to hide under a cloak of sarcarsm.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    23 weeks

[​IMG]
    24 weeks

[​IMG]

Even with world class NICU care, these preterm infants have terrible outcomes.

24 weeks is my heuristic cutoff for when a fetus is viable, and thus the limit of abortion.

1 person likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Masturbation

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Just to let you know that you were once those 'two cells'.

15. JayZ750

You were once sperm

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

My wife is not religious but she opposes abortion because she is an OBGYN and she delivers babies and she understands what life is and what life isn't unlike most of you keyboard warriors.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Everybody's got to get into an abortion argument in the D&D before they get too far along in their posting careers. Izak being one year in, it's totally understandable to want to have this fruitless conversation. As a 10+ year vet, I've already had the pleasure and have retired.

18. JayZ750

That makes her no more an expert on abortion than it makes those keyboard warriors you are attempting to denigrate experts on computer programming.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When it stops tasting like chiken.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

agree when it tastes like chicken its easier to digest

1 person likes this.