1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When do NBA prospects come to tryout???

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TIburon, May 12, 2001.

1. TIburon

TIburon Member

When do teams start evaluating players at home not at camps? Anyone know.

------------------

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I don't know for sure, but my guess is shortly after May 20th (the day the order is determined). Another guess is that everything kicks off with the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp. I couldn't find the date.

------------------
    GATER

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

GATER sounds about right. We'll know exactly who has declared for the draft by midnight Sunday, then the lottery the following Sunday.

I'm not sure when the Chicago pre-draft camp is either, but last year it was June 7-9. Though keep in mind no major prospects play there it seems any more for fear of falling in the draft. Mostly the players that stand to move up or have major question marks surrounding certain weaknesses give it a go.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Hey guys,
    I was coincidently on the Pistons home page (don't ask) and I saw that the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp @ Moody Bible College is June 5th thru 8th.

Clutch,
    Don't nearly all the players go there to get measured for height and weight?

June 12th is the date that Optional Picks must be sent. These look like some busy weeks right before the June 27th draft!!

------------------
    GATER