1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When did you stop watching The Simpsons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

season 13 for me.

however, I have started to watch it this season...some funny stuff, but nowhere near seasons 3-9, which IMHO could be considered one of the funniest comedies of all time

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I must admit, I haven't watched them in a long time...I mean, since the early 90's...I catch an episode here or there, but don't watch it religiously...

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I wish I could be cool and say I stopped watching in '95, but then I'd be r****ded because I would have missed some awesome episodes. I still watch it because a bad Simpsons is still better than 99% of what's on the networks these days.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its Barney Forever! Wiggum Never!

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I think the responses should be at what stage in your life...not what season. Because if anyone else is like me...I used to watch it everyday...god knows what season(s) i've watched

6. Fatty FatBastard

I haven't watched regularly in over a decade. And yet I still find this funny:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZM8VO9GCps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZM8VO9GCps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Exactly what I was going to say. I play softball on Sunday nights and DVR it to watch on Monday. Can't wait for the movie. If Spider Pig is the best thing from it, it would still be worth it. I crack up everytime I see that...

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Probably somewhere around 10-12.

The show completely blows right now. Just painful and stupid.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How would you know if you stopped watching around 10-12? :confused:

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think I stopped watching somewhere around 12/13.. when I say "stopped", it means I didn't make sure I was home (or taping) the new episode each week. If I happened to be on the channel, I'd still watch it. And I've still watched reruns pretty much every week forever..

11. BigTex

BigTex Member

i still watch the new episodes but it got a lot harder for me to watch around season 11
    mostly i watch the old reruns, which are freaking hilarious

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Im with you and RM

its still the show I will watch whenever its on...and sometimes when it isnt thanks to my faithful DVR.

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I still watch now and than but there are hardley any jokes I laugh at while I watch.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well I occasionally catch like 10 minutes of it. Like yesterday, I watched part of it and could only take so much.

A few years ago I started looking on the Internet and wondering if I was the only one who thought it sucked, and I found I wasn't alone in my suffering.

Here is a good article on it:
    http://www.slate.com/id/2078501/

I wonder- will the movie be like the old simpsons or like the new ones?

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I still watch it, but not as often as I used to.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

couldn't really say, but i remember b****ing about their decline in quality my junior year of high school.... which would put that around 98 or 99.

so whatever season that was, although i didn't completely give up on the new episodes for another year or two.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I still watch thanks to DVR, but its not as good as it used to be.

That being said, its still better than most sitcoms available today.

Its like there is the potential for 5 minutes of each episode to be great, so I have to watch it for that 5 minutes.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you missed out on some classics

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I did enjoy the clip show song, though I guess that's been a while.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I very rarely watch first-run episodes anymore, usually only the Treehouse of Horror specials... Sunday isn't a good night for me television wise and I can't stand Fox's shove-it-down-your-throat advertising pushes for their other shows during primetime hours. I catch a lot of re-runs and the commercial breaks seem less noticable despite the syndicated versions of the episodes having less total runtime.