1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When did you stop watching The Simpsons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I got seasons 1-9, because obviously those are the best/classic episodes. I'll probably buy Season 10 in August. I think that there are still some great episodes in that season (Homer and Bart sell grease, Max Power, Superbowl etc.)... mixed in with a few mediocre ones. Same goes for Season 11 except there are less classics and more mediocre episodes...I'll probably buy this one too. Homer the food critic is one of my favorites. Moe gets plastic surgery is a good one too...

I see a FEW good eps from. Most are bad though... Season 12 also...

Season 13 is where it hits rock bottom for me...It's not even worth looking at

And I dont recognize but 1 or 2 episodes from season 14. I guess thats the year when I stopped watching...

2. Nice Rollin

I mean to say

I saw a few epsidodes from Season 12, but most are bad...

3. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

it does have its valleys...

I don't have cable out here so I've been steadily getting boxed sets.

some are gold and some are garbage with a little prize here and there.

it's pretty wild though. I can tell when I've had cable and when I haven't in my past by which seasons I recognize.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Probably when HBO stepped it up, or when NBC started showing the West Wing on Sundays. Sundays seem like they're very difficult to program for, though, so I can live with them being on forever, a-la 60 Minutes. Nice to see Family Guy, American Dad and this Loop show hitting cleanup. Sunday nights on Fox have always been an interesting adventure; I remember in elementary school watching Jack Lemmon's kid, Allison LaPlaca and Ellen Degeneres on Open House, for goodness sake.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm guessing 12, since that's the earliest you have on the list. I really have no idea. I stopped any kind of regular tv watching 6 years ago so I usually catch stuff by accident. Which is why I've watched more Family Guy thanks to catching reruns late at night on the Cartoon Network.

6. Nice Rollin

I figured most of the hardcore fans watched up until 13 or at least recognize some of the epsidodes...

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i still watch it but i dont look forward to it as i used to I guess my hardcore passion waned about my 2nd year in college so like about 6 years ago which puts it around season 13. There are still a few decent episodes in there. I did like this past season's finale where it parodied 24.

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

i never really got into it. if nothing else was on I'd watch it, the humor just isn't my type. i used to like family guy but it got old soon too.

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

around 13ish when it was apparent that gravity was taking hold.

Every once in a while I'll watch, if I have a half hour to spare before family guy, but the past season, more than once I've shut it ten minutes into the episode. If I hear good things about a particular episode, I'll look it up, but these days its rare. The only one I know I won't miss is the treehouse of horror one, those are usually above average.

The movie is going to be awesome, though.

Also, i'm still bitter that Futurama got axed (i know, its coming back). Futurama, IMO, was a superior show to the Simpsons when they were on at the same time.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I only watch the Holiday episodes now.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

looking forward to the movie.

previews look hell funny.

12. vincentt

vincentt Member

hell i still watch the simpsons they are like america tv family :p

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I stopped watching a bit before family guy came out.

14. Single Cell

Single Cell Member

I stopped following the Simpsons around 1995. While there were still some really funny and insightful episodes, this is when I first started noticing some of the mediocre humor that would begin to infiltrate the show up until its present state. They soon began to rely too heavily on on cheap pop culture references and trying to cram in as many guest stars as possible. As an example of the contrast, the inclusion of Roger Clemens and other star baseball players in the early softball episode was handled with wit, while the later episode where there is a rock star fantasy camp comes as self-conscious and clumsy.

15. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

spider pig, spider pig...

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I don't know the number of the season, but it was around 1994-or-so.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Simpsons Forever! Wiggum Never! Or maybe 2001.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Still watch and still enjoy it, can't wait for the movie

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

After the first episode I watched.

20. WildSweet&Cool

I watched it up until last week

I still like the Simpsons very much. The show doesn't have the same edge that it used to, but it's still a lot better than any of the other crap on TV.

I stopped because my daughter was noticeably emulating some of the crappy stuff from the show and she was developing too much attitude. Things have improved since we stopped watching.