1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When did you really start following the NBA ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ramu3, Jun 29, 2010.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

When tracy mcgrady was traded to the rockets. Before than, I was still interested in yao and the rockets, just in a minor way. Now i'm a full time rocket fan.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Late 70s.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It was when Kenny Smith was a rookie, Sleepy Floyd was still on the team along with Olajuwon and OT if I recall.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Kevin Johnson

5. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

In the 90-91 season when Jordan was becoming a household name.

6. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Cause I live in Australia it was very hard to get to see any NBA games when i was younger. In the mid-late 90's we used to get NBA Jam on a sunday morning so that is how i kept up with the bball then. Was originally a Hakeem and the Rockets fan but then followed Reggie Miller at Indy for a short while. Sort of lost interest in the NBA then for a while up until 2002ish when i moved in with a couple of blokes who were mad NBA fans. As i had followed a couple of teams and didnt really know any of the players i decided to follow T-Mac at Orlando basically as he was an up and comer and going to be the next best thing. Was so happy when he got traded to Houston in 2004 as it felt like a home coming after mainly following Hakeem's Rockets in the 90's. Have since grown to love the Rockets as a team and wouldnt imagine leaving them again. We still dont get a lot of NBA on TV over here however the internet and sites like this make it far easier to follow than 15 years ago

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Late 80s, Boston was beginning to fade, while Pistons were the bad guys of the league. It's funny how remember alot of those old games, because my dad used to watch them all the time when I was little.

I started watching more heavily near the end of the 1st three peat of Bulls and the Rockets two year run...I stopped watching a bit after the lockout and did not watch too much of the NBA season until the playoffs, then the Rockets were starting to get good again with Yao and CO. Now I keep with ROckets during the season almost daily, even with out Yao Ming.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

2002 when Yao entered the league. It sucked that my first year watching basketball ended in us missing the playoffs, but Yao and Francis made it entertaining. Not to mention the Yao vs Shaq hype.

I became a huge fan of the NBA by watching my all-time favorite team the following season, the 2003-2004 Minnesota Timberwolves.

9. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

The 2007-2008 season was the year I became a real fan. Partly due to the 22 game winning streak.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

1999 Rockets

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member