1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When did you realize you were OFFICIALLY old?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SleepyRodriguez, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Getting super agitated when my 10 and 8 year old want to listen to hip-hop/popular music. I remember how agitated my dad would get when I would play hip hop in the car in the late 80’s

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Agreed... Worst pain I've ever experienced...

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Salt and peppa and marky mark on cassette. I don’t envy my mom/grandmother having to listen to that ****. Probably why my grandma sprung a Walkman for me shortly after I started gaining my own “tastes” for music.

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You know man, when I find something that works I'll let you know ha. But seriously it's tough. Yeah my traps are always tight as is my neck usually. I do a desk job too and my posture is still not great. It's pretty poor lol.

My bad on getting back to you late. Lately, TENS has helped (particularly the evil so called "Russian" stimulation as opposed to pure TENS, IFC, NMES... which apparently my machine does them all). I just got it after giving up on it for like 3-4 years with my last unit. I got a better neck traction device too through my PT and that's helping more. Again, not like monumental relief... but SOME. What I'm also looking into is switching PT places to one called Results Physiotherapy (I just realized you were in Austin, so you'll not likely have them lol sorry). Oh wait you do have them! https://www.resultspt.com/texas#austin

They do what's called "dry needle" therapy and I've never tried that. I've tried acupuncture like 2-3 times in 10 years of this ****, and it's never helped much. Supposedly dry needle therapy is painful as a mother ****er, but helps and it's supposed to be less hokey than acupuncture. More science-based, I guess? But I hear good things from the fine people of Reddit. So I'm looking forward to trying this Results PT place soon. I have an appt with them on Thurs. I could give a **** all about PT at this point, but this dry needling... I'm willing to try PT again for.

Aside from just finding someone that has high-CBD content weed, I don't know what else to try (or who specializes in high-CBD strains of weed... which well I don't REALLY want to try but hell... 10 years of this? I'll try almost anything). I do some meditation too. It doesn't significantly help, but it helps to just bring more awareness to what's going on with my body. Calms the nerves a bit. So useful in that regard. I'm also going back to CPA meetings here in Houston (Chronic Pain Anonymous). They have a Zoom meeting Monday's at 6 pm CST if you're interested, I can get you the info. It's a bunch of us just b****ing about pain basically and supporting each other. Group of like 9-11 people.Sometimes you just accept this **** blows, and talk to other people in pain about it. I'm quite frankly amazed in a city the size of Houston ... that there aren't like 50 pain meetings a week like AA and Al-Anon, but alas... there are not. In terms of CBD oil, I've been off and on with it (Saw your post btw in the CBD products thread as I was combing the BBS for any help, and was tempted to reply there but didn't want to resurrect a thread). It's so damn expensive that I hate buying it if it's not going to provide like miracle-levels of relief. My latest attempt has me trying a new bottle for the next 2-3 weeks and seeing how it goes. Supposedly it's more subtle relief than say like Tylenol or other more hard-core pain relief drugs, which is well... frustrating... but we'll see.

As for neck surgery helping (don't put me down for back surgery just yet! ;)), it's been so-so man. Back in late 2016, I got the **** scared out of me and my MRI revealed my c5-c6 disc was pressing on my spinal cord. In tears, I agreed to just get a damn artificial disc put in and that was that. It hasn't greatly improved things, but I've got a shiny metal disc now. It's a Mobi-C artificial cervical disc if you want to look it up. Now I've got like a mild herniation of 3mm either at c4-c5 or c6-c7, I don't remember right now it's 1:15 am and I can't sleep lol. But the herniation of 3 mm ain't too bad, so I'm not about to have more surgery right now. And yeah, like you said for me 2 minor accidents and a decade or more of just poor posture when I was younger (And still poor posture now at least half the time) probably did me in to get to this point.

Lastly, my neck pain started getting worse when I did a clinical trial for a new antidepressant. I had to get off all my medicine which was also helping my neck popping habit (in addition to the depression) and now my neck popping is just nuts. So that's hurting me gets worse with stress of course. Back on some medicine now but it's gonna take a bit to calm things down again. For my neck in general I take an anti-inflammatory called Meloxicam (pretty common) and a muscle relaxant at night. They help some as well.

Hope that helps you man. I hope you get something out of that rambling above. I'll send you a PM as well if you'd like to talk about it more. I'll share whatever I know or what's helped. Matter of fact, I'll PM you.

#224 TWS1986, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

When I just heard this song in the truck as I was going to get spicy chicken tenders (no sides, just rolls), and cannot stop singing it:

Somebody help me get out of Louisiana
    Just help me get to Houston Town
    There are people there, who care a little about me
    And they won't let the poor boy down

I left my home in Norfolk Virginia
    California on my mind
    I straddled that Greyhound
    And rode into Raleigh and on across Caroline
    We had motor trouble that turn into a struggle
    Halfway across Alabama
    And that hound broke down and left us all stranded
    In downtown Birmingham
    Right away I brought me a through train ticket
    Ridin' across Mississippi clean
    I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham
    Smoking into New Orleans
    Sure as you're born brought me a silk suit
    Put luggage in my hand
    And I woke up high over Albuquerque
    On a jet to the promised land
    Working on a T-bone steak a la carte
    Flying over to the golden state
    When the pilot told us in thirteen minutes
    He would set us at the terminal gate
    Swing low chariot come down easy
    Taxi to the terminal zone
    Cut your engines and cool your wings
    And let me make it to the telephone
    Los Angeles give me Norfolk Virginia
    Tidewater four ten o nine
    Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling
    And the poor boy is on the line
    Right away I brought me a through train ticket
    Ridin' across Mississippi clean
    I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham
    Smoking into New Orleans
    Sure as you're born brought me a silk suit
    Put luggage in my hand
    And I woke up high over Albuquerque
    On a jet to the promised land
    Working on a T-bone steak a la carte
    Flying over to the golden state
    When the pilot told us in thirteen minutes
    He would set us at the terminal gate
    Swing low chariot come down easy
    Taxi to the terminal zone
    Cut your engines and cool your wings
    And let me make it to the telephone
    Los Angeles give me Norfolk Virginia
    Tidewater four ten o nine
    Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling
    And the poor boy is on the line

#225 Buck Turgidson, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

boo from monsters inc is about 21 years old this year.

7. val_modus

val_modus Member

Thinking a Fanta Orange Soda with lunch is my treat for working hard at work for the week.

Nook and TWS1986 like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

upload_2020-9-27_23-35-32.gif

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and Jontro like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

If Back to the Future was released today, Mom would lose her mind wondering why the guy she wanted to bang in HS ended up looking exactly like her son.

Nook likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

****, you might be the first person I've ever met born 90's or later.

12. Buck Turgidson

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Despite my post earlier in this thread, I have perfected this look:

[​IMG]

It used to be for teenagers saying 'like' every other word but I've mellowed on that a lot. Now it's just for any news out of DC.

B-Bob, OmegaSupreme and boomboom like this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not sure how old you are, but remember when wearing a concert shirt was like a badge of honor because you could only get a concert shirt at a.....concert? Hell, there were some concerts I went to back in the day just so I could wear the $50 shirt to school the next day. Now you can just buy them on Amazon or Old Navy. You don't even have to like the band.

Full disclosure: I bought a sweet Police shirt on Amazon last week and wore it to my nephew's School of Rock gig:

[​IMG]

CCity Zero, CometsWin and boomboom like this.
  15. droxford

droxford Member

I tell my kids...

"I'm older than cell phones"
    'I'm older than Google."
    "I'm older than email"
    'I'm older than the internet".

Deckard, B-Bob, xcrunner51 and 4 others like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Wait? Your dad let you pick the music in the car? YOU let your kids play music in the car? Hell yeah that is agitating, but that is your fault...... are you driving the car? Then you pick the damn music..... I love my son, but he isn't picking the damn music.

17. Nook

Nook Member

"I'm so old no one gives a damn about my opinions or thoughts on things."

"I'm so old I actually had to approach girls and flirt before going on a date."

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. droxford

droxford Member

Now, wait just a minute!

... welp.. yeah, it's true.

B-Bob, TWS1986 and Nook like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

20. TimDuncanDonaut

When you find out that someone first got introduced to Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam through Guitar Hero.

donkeypunch and Invisible Fan like this.