1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Ariza comes back..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JPhil93, Mar 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JPhil93

JPhil93 Member

Who goes to the bench? I believe i heard he will be back for saturdays game and im curious to see how Adelman plays this one. I dont think he will want to bench martin the way him and brooks have been playing together(with the exception of tonight which was just on off night for our backcourt)

Right now we are

Brooks
    Martin
    Battier
    Hayes
    Scola

Out of those Hayes obviously sticks out because of lack of offensive skill but we need that defense and rebounding. Honestly my opinion is let Ariza come off the bench but who knows how he would respond to that. What do you guys think?

2. Mr. Space City

ariza's gonna start over battier

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Battier

4. Dei

Dei Member

Brooks
    Martin
    Ariza

... I fear for the ball movement.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

right now, I would even entertain the idea of starting Chase ahead of Ariza and Battier for the simple purpose of this being a developmental year. What's the point of a developmental year when ur not developing talent? Hill and Armstrong should also see significant playing time while Hayes and Jeffries minutes being reduced. We will not make the playoffs and in the long run, hgiher draft picks should be our top priority, in addition to get Yao healthy.

I would love to have a starting lineup of:
    Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Taylor
    Chase/Ariza/Battier
    Scola/Armstrong/Anderson/Jeffries
    Hill/Armstrong/Hayes

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Except we're trying to develop Trevor Ariza...

But anyways, if Ariza starts over Kevin Martin, then it's pretty damn obvious that we're tanking the season.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ariza is just as much in development as Chase is.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

depends, do captains normally come of the bench?

9. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

Despite it being a developmental year, RA and DM still want to make the playoffs with ariza and kevmart to obviously sell the idea to Les that trading tmac was a good move and kevmart/ariza can carry this team to the playoffs.

there's still a good chance of making the playoffs so why ruin that by playing hill and armstrong who wont get any better the rest of the season? most of the development of players come during the offseason.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i wouldnt mind Ariza martin brooks back court.

if Ariza plays smart and doesnt chuck, he brings more to the table offensively than battier, and hes decent at defence as well.

11. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Ariza will come from bench and play 7 min in 1 qtr. ^^

12. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

ariza

oh boy forgot all about him.

Tells you how much of an impact he makes

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Sorry, I was going a lil bit overboard! Maybe Hill and Armstrong's development should come in the offseason, but Chase should see some increase in minutes over the next few weeks. Ariza might start and Battier should see his minutes reduced to maybe like 10-15 mins?

Although it would be sweet, making the playoffs should be 1B next to preparing for next season.

But by all means, we should fight and claw our way to making the playoffs. Whose to say Chase won't improve our chances? He is a damn good player, and Ive noticed that his defense has drastically improved. He just needs more work on his lateral quickness on the defensive end and he will be a star in the league. His future is bright as hell!

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ariza off the bench imo.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Chase is a rookie, Ariza is a 6 year vet

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

They can, unless they have an ego. Battier, unlike some past Rockets, cough cough T-Mac, is willing to do anything to improve his chance of helping the team and if coming of the bench will do that, then that is the epitomy of what a captain is!

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Ah yes, Mr. Clank. Fargot all aboutcha thar mate. Wud you like to halp ah feeled gol pacentege wich ya enthusiastic shooten'?

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey and Adelman don't have to sell Les on anything. Les gave both an extension while this team loiters in the lottery range. The Rockets could go into a tailspin to end the year and both jobs would still be super-safe. Now, they may do it just to cater to fans and ticket sales. But definitely not the owner.

That said, starting Budinger is the WORST way to develop him. If you want him to learn defense at all, you keep him on the floor with either Battier or Ariza at any given time. CBud is only going to feel even more clueless on defense if paired with Martin and Brooks. You work rookies in slowly if the luxury allows. Not throw them into the fire.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think ariza will be pissed if he he doesn't get the ball.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I guess your right, but Chase's defense has significantly improved. His lateral quickness is not there yet on the defensive end, but Battier or Ariza can teach him.