1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your secret to losing belly fat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gambingo, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Eh, that "rule" tends to work because the average person gets home around 6 or 7 and calls it a day...or at least that's what is being assumed. However, not everyone works the same schedule. A trainer should be taking a client's own schedule into consideration, not using a cookie-cutter approach.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

what?

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this

ive lost 35lbs in 2 months by eating grilled instead of fried. Salt doesnt make u "fat" but its best to avoid it to get rid of any of the water u may be holding. I also have my cheat day on saturdays and eat ice cream, chips, or whatever else i may be craving.

4. plates300

plates300 Member

You have to change your diet and watch what you eat. You can lift all the weights or do all the cardio you want, but a bad diet will slow down the results and progress. You can lose weight just by eating right and not exercising although I don't recommend it. Everyone needs to understand that it's a lifestyle change and not just a temporary thing.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Here is the general rule.
    If you want to lose weight then just eat less than what you are eating now. There is no optimum calorie limit since everyone's body functions differently, although its not a good idea to go over 2200 a day unless you are looking to build bulk.

If you eat fast food 3 times a week? Cut it down to 2. Don't cut it down to zero because you will severely underestimate the power of your cravings. Diet changes have to be gradual or your body will never get used to it.

Exercise is a bit different. You are going to want to push in as many full body workouts as possible and work on cardio. Don't do split workouts because those have a less of an influence on stimulating your body's metabolism.

Also cardio everyday. Don't take a day off. It doesn't have to be long either. Just thirty minutes of jogging everyday. Or you could play basketball since this is Clutchfans...

Also you have to be motivated. Set a goal for yourself. Are you doing this for yourself? For women? For haters? If you are unmotivated you will never achieve success.

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

You don't need 30 minutes of cardio every single day unless your consuming calories way over maintenance. Anyways doing a full body workout is cardio within itself. I don't know if it actually increases your metabolism, ill have to look that up.:)

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Aren't you about 16 or 17 years old?

8. gambingo

gambingo Member

I've been stuck at 34" for about a month. I'm going to change my diet just a bit for two weeks and see if i make progress. Usually i eat a pretty big dinner, so im going to cut that down a little bit.

I think my work out is pretty good despite not doing weight. I've been doing full body training at least 6x/week. I'm actually more muscular now than i was 6 years ago when i hit the weight room 4-5 times/week. It's kind of funny i was barely gaining muscle then bc i was thin even though i ate a lot more back then.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just checked the weight scale, it says 239lbs. Not worried about cutting up right now till I get my lifts up. I played ball yesterday for the first time and was faster and jumpier than a year ago.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

how tall are you?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Six tray

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The key thing here is:

- You can't lose fat in one specific part of your body. Ever. Every body has its own sequence. You can tone up that part of your body. You can not lose belly fat or arm fat or ass fat. Your body may be the type where fat loss in the belly is one of the last areas where you lose fat.

- Losing weight is not losing fat. When you eat and exercise properly, the weight you lose will be similar to the fat you lose. So for example, you lose 15lbs and of those 15lbs 13lbs are fat.

When you don't eat/exercise properly, you may lose 15lbs and only 5lbs of those are fat. The other 10lbs would be things which actually support fat burning (water, muscle, etc).

The best way to judge how you're doing is looking at your overall body. If you are shrinking yet maintaining lean muscle then you are doing a perfect job. If you are shrinking but your t*** are still saggy and your shoulders are starting to look flatter and your arms are shrinking much faster than your waist, then you are doing a terrible job.

If all you care about is reducing your waist SIZE, then burning muscle + fat + losing water will get you there faster. It will also get you back to your old weight faster if you stop dieting/exercising.

Good luck.