1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your personal biggest fear of Trump's presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously this time.

WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AntiSonic likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh Bobby, god help us from you and your kind.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....seriously this time, there's a wolf.

WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've gotta believe me!

AntiSonic likes this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

These elections proved HOW unreliable MSM outlets are in today's society. They are unable to fairly report on the news...TV anchors and other media personalities have used their personal biases to influence and direct how you think, listen and react.

Today we are seeing this "social trigger" as a result of petulant and immature men and women throughout our nation who cant accept the results of an election... but were hypocritically willing to rip Trump for saying something similar a few weeks ago...

Just using the polls as an example, MSM has been utterly and completely wrong. And by being out of touch from the American people, "upsets" like this cant be predicted. Perhaps we the consumers of such false garbage...should be more critical and skeptical of the information presented by the Media. We should demand better objectivity. We should demand honesty...

Svpernaut likes this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump does act on his rhetoric regarding two of our biggest trade partners, PRC and Mexico, I expect there is going to be a recession along the lines of 2008-2010. Everyone focuses on jobs and goods but ignoring that both countries have alot of investment in our country and the PRC is one of the our major creditors.

If Trump tries to engage with in a trade war with the PRC they are not just going to take it but most likely will respond by not buying US debt and / or selling off a lot of US debt. This could create a credit crisis which would cripple our country and would be very damaging to the construction industry. Trump's tax cut plan and infrastructure plan might help ameliorate those but both those will have a negative effect on the deficit. Further if the PRC doesn't buy our debt or downgrades it it will be more difficult and expensive to finance that infrastructure debt.

This has been one of my concerns all along and also was one of the reasons why I didn't support Sanders. Our economies are too interdependent that protectionist actions are very likely to rebound back on us. At the same time if tariffs on imports will not guarantee that manufacturing jobs will return anytime soon. For one many of those factories that made those goods either don't exist or no longer have the machinery to produce those goods. Also business owners might not have the incentive to hire back unskilled or minimally skilled labor when automation could replace those jobs cheaper. Let's not forget that in a trade war where the PRC using the capital market as a weapon it will be difficult for businesses to get financing to build and tool up new factories. Most likely tarriffs will just end up costing the American consumer more in the short run.

I got this from Charles Schwab today along the same vein.
    http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/articles/Schwab-Perspective-on-Election-2016-Result

"
    Trump Wins: What Happens Now?
    By
    Schwab Center for Financial Research

- November 9, 2016

How President Trump will govern is a huge wild card. If he carries through on his anti-trade, pro-tariffs rhetoric, we believe it would be highly detrimental to economic growth. Tax cuts, an infrastructure spending plan, and reduced business regulation might offer offsetting boosts, but they would bring the problem with the deficit and debt back into the spotlight and likely sink the U.S. dollar.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Depends on your life and values. If you, a loved one, or friend was able to get on Obamacare to deal with a major health issue like cancer, I'd be fearful that the insurance is going away.

My skin is brown and I don't shave very often. It's self explanatory what I need to be worried about.

I fear for future generations if all our efforts to stop global warming are destroyed.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think it is safe to say that a market crash is NOT something to fear. I think Mark Cuban was wrong here.

Ironically, the stock market has reacted very well to Trump other than the Dow Futures when the election results were being announced. On the other hand, if Bernie won the presidency, I think you'd actually have a significant crash since he's against Wall Street, banks, and corporations getting off easy with low taxes and paying low wages to employees.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Ford pardoned Nixon right when he got into office for all crimes he committed or might have committed. It won't keep you from crimes you commit after you've been pardoned but it can cover all past sins that may come up.

Personally I really hope they don't go there. Why go after an 69 year old woman for that? She's been punished enough already and those that think they should try it, know good and well now not to do it.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because if she was anyone else she'd already have been tried and convicted. Either the law should apply to everyone, or no one.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We have bigger fish to fry. Building a panel, having the months and months of research, having a trial (if you have something) is a waste of taxpayer money when we have sooooo many other problems to address.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Putting a global warming denier in charge of the EPA. A close second is putting a creationist in charge of the department of education.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that, but if it was a "smaller fish" they'd absolutely fry her. That's my point. You are basically arguing that she should just be privileged enough to be immune to this country's laws. They certainly wouldn't think that trying and convicting ANYONE else who did the same thing was a waste of taxpayer money.

Also, having the criminal justice system work as it is supposed to in no way stops people from addressing other problems.