1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite Rocket moment?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 24, 2017.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Having grown up a Rockets, Astros, and Oilers fan since the 60's, and never experiencing a World Championship (that is unless you want to count the Aeros), I'd have to say the last few seconds ticking down in gm 7 against the Knicks to FINALLY realize that we were going to be WORLD FREAKIN CHAMPS!!!

tinman, Plowman, kjayp and 1 other person like this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

RIP Darin. For me, Game 7 in 94 when you tackled me after we won and almost broke my leg.

the shark and Plowman like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Definitely something from '94 playoffs. First time is always the best.

- Vernon's 3PT vs Knicks, then falling to the ground.

- Cassell's 3PT vs Knicks (Hakeem assist)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Dos championship
    Elie kiss of death
    Mcgrady 13 -33
    22 win game streak
    Eddie johnson game winning 3
    Maloneys contract

Those were fun times

5. TheresTheDagger

Calvin Murphy with the call on that shot.....There it is...There it IS!! THERE IT IS!!!! THERE IT IS!!!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Clyde bank it in from way beyond the top of the key? It was a bomb from 35-40 ft!

My buddies and I spent the next week or so trying to replicate that shot. The idea was to use normal jump shot mechanics but launch from the neighbors front yard to the hoop in our driveway.

Yeah, none of us could reach. Fun times.

7. Know Your Role

I thought of another one. Not long after we got Ron Artest, we played the Pistons in Detroit. Ron dunked and flexed at the crowd. From that moment on, I knew we had something special.

8. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I nearly broke my throat when TMac did 13 in 35. that look on Duncan & Pop' s faces was priceless.
    I worked very near the Summit in the Championship Years & seeing all the vehicle's displaying brooms was awesome.
    I also got MUCH HATE for the Laker's, so everytime we feed them the f stick I get pumped.

9. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I have a Rudy T bobblehead that recites THE speech I get choked up everytime I clutch it.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our Championship years for sure!!! Before that, it was the 1986 championship series when we beat the Lakers and made it to the finals against the Celtics. I was watching those games in the wee hours of the morning from Puerto Rico at my first duty station in the Navy.

11. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Everytime I see a clip of Rudy T saying "Never under estimate the heart of a champion" I still get goosebumps.

kjayp likes this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Tons of great moments have been posted here in this thread but I have to agree that Max's big three with like a minute forty left in game 7 really teared me up good.

#BELIEVE

Plowman likes this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Without a doubt the pinnacle moment was

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!"

There are tons of great moments throughout that 2 year stretch... but that was just the culmination of all the greatness rolled into 1 moment...

Killatron 2000 and deb4rockets like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I agree! Loved Elie, and would have to say we had many great moments in those runs from many players.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, most definitely, Brother. Shap would have loved the Beard, this season in particular... AND the fact that in addition to us, his guilty pleasure ...those Celtics, they're winning again.

Game 7 night was outta sight ....I think you took the brunt of all those years at the moment of Deliverance. : ) ..It was bedlam.....the best of times. ( being sturdy was a prerequisite for our group , right) : )

#55 Plowman, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You captured the true spirit of Clutch City in your post.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is my favorite Thread on the Board right now,

it so smoothly omits fake Rockets fans from posting on it while bringing in only the best that Clutchfans offers

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Amen!

Plowman likes this.
  19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It was early in the morning in Taiwan when the Rockets played the Magic in Game 1. I was ten years old and praying to any gods that would hear me. We went on that miraculous comeback from being 20 down near the end of the first half and took it to overtime on the Kenny buzzer beating three. Then Olajuwon with the tip-in to win it.

That game swung the series and proved to the world that we were a team of destiny. If we had to play the best incarnation of the Jordan Bulls after sweeping the Magic, we would have beat them. If we had to fight God after beating Jordan, we would have cut Him.

tinman likes this.
  20. Browny

Browny Member

i loved the way they came out and won the first fifteen games in 94, after losing the semis by 3 points in game 7 overtime to seattle. dale ellis couldve taken our souls with what he did to us that series, but the rockets came out and you could tell they werent ****ing around anymore.

Richie_Rich and Plowman like this.