1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your Current Level of Rage Towards the Colts/Manning.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Would I be mad? No. would I feel like it was a cheap win? Yes. Would I understand if it another team were mad if they were in our position. Yeah. Also I understand that teams rest guys in the last week, but its usually only the last week. It happens. Rarely does it happen two weeks out. Also its especially tough when it affects playoff contenders.

Lastly, there's a big difference between what the Pats did and what the Bengals/Colts did. One drive after playing most of the game or a complete tank job. I honestly think if the colts would've played the jets game, no one would really be talking about it. It is just that it was big for a number of different reasons. Then what happens if they add two games?

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I see where you are coming from, but call up a Patriots fan and ask them what they think about playing starters in a meaningless game

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Except the injury to Welker was a non-contact injury. Could have happened anywhere at anytime. Even in practice. Its not like it was the old school turf field that would tear ACLs on a regular basis either.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm over it. The Texans made their mistakes that cost them numerous games. If we steady the kicking game and find someone who can run with power in the redzone (without fumbling)...this team wins 10+ next season and produces a winning in division record.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No I know...I just meant to point out that there are two legit sides to the argument.

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

What does that have to do with anything? Your logic is strange. Welker got injured in a meaningless game and now he isn't available for the playoffs. Why does it make it any different if it was caused by contact or not? It happened in the game.

7. Major

Major Member

Any injury could happen at any time. The more you play fullspeed though, the more likely you are to get injured. If they hadn't played their starters, Wes Welker wouldn't have a torn ACL/MCL right now.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It wasn't meaningless. They didn't know that the Bengals would lose later in the evening. They were playing for the third seed.

Recent history shows that it's better to go into the playoffs clicking on all cylinders. Playing a game that has a playoff level intensity in week 17 is going to benefit a team imo.

It was unfortunate for the Pats to lose Welker but the fact that Belichick kept Brady, Moss and other starters in the game shows that the game was important to them. And that they didn't want to go into the playoffs rusty esp after losing a stud receiver.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What's the difference between getting injured in the Texans game and getting injured on the first play of the WC game? Point is, you can't know when and where it's going to happen. Even if he didn't play against the Texans, it could happen very early against the Ravens. Then what? He shouldn't have played until the Divisional Round?

10. Apps

Apps Member

There is a difference between "half-assed" and "not a full effort." You started out by saying the Pats gave a half-assed effort... which is not true. When you got called out, you changed it to "not a full effort," asking if anyone really believes they gave a full effort.

Well, judging by the last drive, an objective fan will say that no, the Pats did not give a FULL effort, but they did get enough of an effort to be given that L legitimately. They didn't throw the game, they didn't roll over, they played, they fought, and when it looked like there was actually a chance they were going to lose, they pulled Brady so they could dangle the "but we didn't give a FULL effort" card over our heads.

11. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

LOL You really think that's the reason they pulled Brady? Really? Come on.

12. Apps

Apps Member

Well, I'd like to know why else they would pull him? If you don't want him injured, why even start him let alone play him for so much? If you want to throw the game, again, why let him play? If you want to close out, take a chance and win, then why not keep him in?

13. Apps

Apps Member

Perhaps you took me literally. I didn't mean that they did it just so that they could tease us and yank away the prize at the last second while laughing all the way to the playoffs. All I'm saying, is that they have a defense for losing the way they did--Brady wasn't in!

14. Apps

Apps Member

Fantastic argument, by the way. :p

15. Major

Major Member

Because they played him to keep the players fresh - not to win, necessarily. The last thing they wanted to do is go to overtime and play even more with their starters. If they were going to go to OT, they were going to do so with backups.

Playing for the 3rd seed is nonsense. No one even knew who the 5th and 6th seeds would be, so there was no point. And no one is going to play to get homefield advantage on the offchance that the 3rd and 4th seeds both pull upsets in the 2nd round.

16. Apps

Apps Member

Ah, okay. That makes perfect sense, I can understand that. I completely overlooked OT.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Amen!!!! If you wanna be mad, then be mad at the team for getting blasted by Jersey in week 1....and no one else. We had our shot against the team that got in over us and they mopped us.

18. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

No one's arguing this point. There are even more ones we could point to the Texans and be mad at, but what the colts did is not cool. It must not just be us on this board either or else the commissioner wouldn't be looking at ways to change it from happening again.

It is ok for there to be more than one thing you're not happy with. No excuses for us. Doesn't other things kosher either.

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Welker injury was in like the first or second drive, every team would play their starters at least three series, Peyton Manning played more than two drives, what if Manning get injured in the first drive, do you blame the colts for putting Manning in the first drive. Then dont practice, dont do anything, because you can get hurt.

if Welker injury happens in the 4th quarter then you can say the played him in a meaningless game, and take a risk.

20. nel00

nel00 Member

Can't blame nobody but the TEXANS themselves!!

With that said...

It Kinda makes you think....

Where the Colts and Bengals scared to play the Texans in the playoffs?

Texans beat the Benagals at their place....and they where the only ones that jump on the Colts from the the start of the game at home and away.

I Really look forward to the JETS beating both the Bengals & Colts!!