1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by a la rockets, May 5, 2003.

1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

As I was checking my mail today,I received an email with no title to it coming from a friend I hadn't seen in a while.the odd thing was that it weighted 22K.
    A bit surprised I opened it and there was part of a picture which seemed very old(I'd say mid-20's) and a text saying that I had to send this message to 15 ppl I knew within the next 7 days.
    Usually I delete this kind of thing(chain letters...) imediatly,but in this case it didn't say what would happen at the end of those 7 days.
    Now I don't believe in this supernatural BS,but I can't help to wonder if this message didn't contain a virus of some sort that is 'awaken' at the end of the period.I checked my hard drive and nothing seemed wrong with it.
    BTW,I called the girl and she sent it out to 15 ppl no question asked!
    I need u guys to tell me what u think and what I should do...
    And please don't tell me to send it to those 15 ppl,coz I rather be the only one with this problem then involve my friends.

ALA

PS:I saw "the ring" and my unconscience(??!) is working me!

2. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I don't really understand. But is this actually a big deal?:confused:

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Highlight........Delete..........chill out A LA

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Hmmm... delete a worthless email or possibly screw up your friends' computers...

Sounds like a hard decision to me.

5. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Ok,after some deep thnking I guess that my real question is how can I check if this is not a virus?

ALA

6. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Forward it to me:

vengeance@typicalsituations.com

I'll take a look at it when I get home. I'm running Linux so I don't have to worry about those viruses. I'd guess it's not, but you never know . . .

#7 Vengeance, May 5, 2003
    Last edited: May 5, 2003
  8. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I always delete those damn foward this to 7 people or else emails.

Although I'm suprised at some of my friends I get those from sometimes...