1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats wrong with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden has good handles for some purposes, but not for others. He can pull up some nice cross-over moves to freeze a defender but also randomly dribbles off his leg or get the ball ripped more often than other good perimeter guys.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hahahahaha. You guys are funny.

What's wrong with Harden? It's called the MJ effect.

When all of a sudden you come out starting the season like gang busters and account for 45% of your teams offense in points and assists and facilitating on many other scores...guess what!

The opposing team is going to focus on stopping you and make the rest of the team beat you. Teams are playing incredibly focused defense on Harden. He's getting all sorts of things thrown at him, plus yes he is working harder on both ends than ever. And I mean both ends. With no Lin or Parsons, Harden can't take possessions off on offense and get rest. That's why he is missing free throws late as well. He's freaking tired.

Until we find other guys who will help Harden out and take the some of the scoring pressure off of him, he's going to struggle.

1 person likes this.
  3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I saw this while watching. That play was ****ty

4. Pete the Cheat

I don't understand the criticism...dude gets murdered for his D last year and re-dedicates himself, and even owns it publicly.
    Gets murdered for hero ball and has put an emphasis on facilitating and is excelling at it.

You are watching greatness mature before your eyes Houston. Just enjoy it.

1 person likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It just proves how terrible of a coach Mchale is.

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

LOL wut?

Harden is not my favorite and he does rely on contact a lot but he is obviously very good at driving to the hole and his handle is above average at least.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wade and Kobe have better ball security. Harden has great footwork, and can do those sizeup moves real well, but his ball security is a bit bad at times.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

whats even worse is that his poor shooting isnt just this season, he has been shooting bad ever since the playoffs last year, and all thru the FIBA tournament... its starting to be more than just a cold streak

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden problem is, he doesn't have confidence in his shot and teams are preventing him from getting to the free throw line. He is getting stripped a lot in this early season.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he shot 50/40 at fiba, is that bad shooting to you?

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

nothing is wrong with Harden and his last game showed promising signs that he might be about to hit a shooting patch

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he picked and chose his shots well

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's really nothing wrong with Harden. The dude just doesn't have enough help right now.

14. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

I will take this Harden for the rest of his career or stay here in Houston over Harden from the last 2 years....

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's playing like he's interested on D... that's a big step forward. He seems to usually shoot poorly early in the season then turn it on later, so I expect his shooting percentage to come up.

The problem this team has is lack of depth especially in the frontcourt. We're literally running a D-League team out at the 4-5 spots when Dwight and Jones are injured or on the bench.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_6gOtkwYbao?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. anchel

anchel Member

And his coach does not help him at any way.

18. Asian Sensation

This was exactly my prediction and worst fear this past summer. It's not just scoring pressure though....You can't have Harden be the leading scorer, primary distributor, only playmaker, FT attempt leader, and give 100% effort on defense. I said it before and I'll say it again... We need a PG that can create and distribute..... And Bev is not the answer. The quicker we trade for a real starting PG the better off we'll be.

Also, Dorsey and Black are the 2 most worthless sacks I've seen since the last time Dorsey was a Rocket. Seriously I think Dorsey got worse compared to his 1st stint in the NBA. Can't believe so many people thought Dorsey would be the answer as the backup center.

What does all this have to do with Harden? His supporting cast is weak for the most part and we have no depth.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He just realized he's screwed to be on a team full of 'pieces' with Howard out.

20. ling ling

ling ling Member

James problem is he's not a point guard playing the point guard position, because there is no real point guard on the roster.

A point guard sets up plays for the team, and passes the ball to teammates where it's easiest for them to score. They drive to draw in the defenders and then pass to the open man. The closet player is Papa.

Harden tends to look to score first even 1 on 4. It may take 20 crossovers before he decides that he wants to pass it off. He may gets his assists, but the offense is a mess. Steve Francis called and wants his number back.

It's throwing his game and his teammates game off. Our catch and shooter have problem getting into rhythm because they don't know when the ball is coming. Our bigs don't get the ball where they can score easily.