1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Marvel?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Jul 15, 2022.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

She ain't flat in the front but not much there imo. The back would make a good wash board. Still, to each their own.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

As I said, to each their own. If you prefer them boyish it ain't a thing to me. Personally, I much rather prefer curves than flat. I would instead take Misty Knight, even though she wasn't a popular female Marvel character. [​IMG]

4. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

It's all the same down below

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

When I saw the Room, she was a very good. In the Marvel flick, her acting was Ok (not terrible).

on the fandom, I think it's not that she's not a beautiful actress, as to each their own. It's that in the comics, Cpt Marvel was notoriously drawn as a very curvey character (both sides). Movie adaptations don't always translate everything, but I think most can acknowledge when the set photos were first released, fans had some fun.

[​IMG]

#65 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    jiggyfly, Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. TimDuncanDonaut

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think that’s another pretty major point for this phase of the MCU. They are promoting characters no one cares about.

jiggyfly and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think the problem goes all the way back to the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel proved they could take non-known characters and a lesser known story plot from the comics and make a break out hit. I have a Groot Hallmark Christmas ornament for goodness sake.

It set the bar too high. C or D level characters are not an excuse for not making a good movie.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They have another ten year plan. I doubt people want to commit to that upfront but that's their way of spreading the characters out.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But it’s either introduce new characters and storylines or another reboot of the same characters ala DC’s problem.

With the new characters if they have quality acting, writing, and storylines then it’ll all work out fine. Most of these characters like Moon Knight in the end are going to be most known in the future when there’s a cross over or team up of some kind, and that’s what the MCU is always going to have in their climatic storytelling arcs.

I think I’m a bit fed up with people making a career out of click baity YouTube or TikTok accounts that just crap on the MCU and recite these same gripes over and over. For the average fan though I recommend maybe taking an MCU break if you aren’t loving it. It’ll always be there to bing watch before a big crossover that you are interested in 5 years down the line.

I personally had superhero fatigue around the time of the Nolan films and refused to watch any MCU titles. Then on a plane a few years back they had Ragnarok on and I caught a few minutes of it and it peaked my interest and during lock down I binged the entire MCU for the most part.

During this new phase 4 refresh of new side characters, I don’t think anyone will suffer if chunks of the fanbase takes a few years off and checks back in when there’s IP that peaks your interest. If let’s say they do a big WWHulk film and let’s say Moon Knight is a side character, you can always watch what you feel you need to if you want to get caught up. That’s kind of the beauty of phase 4 in a way. It’s allowing fans to have a library of back stories and content for years to pull from before bigger future films.

Maybe if Marvel and Feige can do anything better it’s setup to the fans the proper intended perspective especially for Disney + series runs.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that they learned the wrong message from that.

The message they should have learned is that with a good enough story with good enough writing, you can turn C and D tier garbage into gold.... instead the message they took from it was "just keep shoveling C and D tier crap at these morons and they'll eat it up".

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The lesser known characters exist in the comics. Some people like those stories and characters. The books sell. There's an audience for it.

Nobody ever complained, they just read the books they did like.

So again. This content getting out there is not hurting anyone. You don't have to watch any of it. I never read a Blade or Punisher comic in my life, not interested, never will be. But SOME PEOPLE like it. Gratz to them.

The films are the same way now. There's an entire universe of content accumulating for people with different interests.

Not everything has to appeal to as many people as it possibly can all of the time.

Bozos. Lulz

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not how movies work these days it's the exact opposite ethos and I think it's why Marvel has suffered they have tried something for everyone in these movies and have focused on stories that have inclusion that have something for everybody.

Looking at you Eternals.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm talking the IP. Eternals = characters people don't know or are not interested in = don't watch. Being "inclusive" in a movie like Thor - different topic. I don't think Marvel expected everyone to watch Ms Marvel.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this but Marvel has built their empire on the fact that every movie has something to do with the next so you have to watch them all to keep up.

I think you are on to something and they need to have the movies being able to stand on their own and not be building to some super event.

They also diluted the brand with all the Disney plus stuff and every movie is not so much of an event anymore.

They need to do more stuff like Thor Ragnarok which really did not have a lot to do with everything else and was more of a standalone movie, they also need to pull back on the humor and be more serious I don't remember the comics being so jokey.

Not saying everything needs to be R or grim like DC but more of a serious tone.

The biggest thing is they need to stop with the phase stuff and just let movies stand on their own and stop being so dependent on an endgame-type build-up.

Ziggy likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are they building to ONE thing or is this phase 4 about several things? It seemed like their was about 4 storylines emerging. Skrulls, Multiverse, Elaine Benes, and something else? Maybe even a kids avengers (gross).

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

+ Pet Avengers

20. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Over-saturation. I read Marvel as kid and teenager, and there's characters I've never heard of getting shows and movies and everything I watched growing up has been rebooted 2 or three times.

The X-Men movies were great and novel, same with Tobey Maguire Spiderman. The Avengers broke the genre with the in-depth universe building and how many movies there were.

Now? There's no where to go. Writers can only create so many compelling stories from existing source material that will also appeal to mainstream audiences.

jiggyfly likes this.