1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Dalembert?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Feb 9, 2012.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I searched the first few pages for a thread on this with no results, which was a little surprising to me. Is no one else curious or concerned about Dalembert's play? When he started the season slow, I was thinking sure, give him some time, he's out of shape. Then he turned it up, and I thought he had gotten it together. Now he's playing as badly as ever for the past 5-7 games, and I have no explanation.

I know McHale is shrinking the lineup to go small a lot, but even when he's gotten minutes, he's been nearly a complete non-factor much of the time. What gives?

On a related note, though, my god, our bench is truly amazing lately. Three straight rock-solid road wins when arguably our three best players haven't been very good ('Bert, Lowry, Martin) in most of them. Especially K-Mart and Sam.

2. inishi

inishi Member

What we are seeing basically sums up dalemberts career. He can be a very good defender, he can protect the rim, he can get you 8-10 boards a night. When he shows up. That is why its hard to believe he was making as much money as he was in Philly and Sacramento.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's playing with no energy. He just posts up way to far and makes silly post moves just to shoot awful fadeaways.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not. He made 12 million a year until this season. He only makes 7 with us.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Six more weeks of snow. I guess the bear is starting to feel it. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. inishi

inishi Member

I know he's only making 7. What I was trying to see is that is how much he should have been making before as well. Its a pretty good price for him.

7. amcfigo

amcfigo Member

poor salary , poor performance

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree that he makes some really cringe-worthy post moves and takes some bad shots sometimes, but that's not really the only problem. While it would be nice to get back those 2-3 dunks we used to get from him every game, it's defense and rebounding where we need him. He just looks lethargic and totally invisible much of the time. Sometimes I forget he's even out there for a while...

But yeah, I think he'll get it together at some point. We probably need more consistency from him if we're going to get to the playoffs and have a chance at keeping things interesting with whoever we face, though.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The problem with Sammy is his consistency. That's been his problem.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

flew his spaceship back to earth.

11. xAliceInChains

Yeah, we were warned about him, in that he will have a very good stretch followed by a long off stretch.

We were warned lol

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

It just sums up his career.

If he could be consistent and play a full season the way he was playing at the start he´d be a All-star center.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It could possibly be exhaustion, or like others are saying he's straight up un consistent.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He has gone down hill so quick so fast. So disappointing. We really need him on these road games.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He's Samuel Dalembert. 8 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks. Inconsistent. What do you expect from him?

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I expect we should be able to trade him for something.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Last 5 games: 15, 20, 7, 18 & 17 minutes respectively,
    with 4 games of less than 4 rebounds and only 1 game with more than 1 block.

McHale better set him straight or his ass is gone, last night he was so lost we had Lowry guarding Gortat and Dalembert did not even realise it for a good 5-6 seconds.

18. Prince

Prince Member

He was just lukcy before. Now his true colors are coming out. I don't like his post up play, his jump shots. Unless it's a dunk, he should not try to shoot the ball.

19. sfayner

sfayner Member

Often plays with low energy, low basketball IQ, poor positioning, doesn't cut off baseline, doesn't always box out, leaves his man open right at the basket to doulble team, likes to shoot but not a good shooter, poor passer, poor court vision. Other than that, he's pretty good!

20. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Makes you really miss the Chuck Wagon wagon doesn't it. He pretty much does all of that.