1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the worst pain you have ever endured?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WinorLoseMate, Nov 7, 2010.

1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Well I'm currently doing my end of my year exams for University and low and behold.. a tooth abscess. I honestly have not had a more painful experience my entire life. Even with health insurance, If I go get a checkup the bill is more than I can handle. It's to the point where I haven't had more than 30 minutes sleep at a time due to the excessive pain. I've tried all the remedies including using strong bases to neutralise the bacteria, putting a warm tea bag on the area of pain and even washing my mouth with whiskey. It just pisses me off that this happens during the worst time possible and I can't even concentrate on my studies for 30 seconds without being distracted by the throbbing pain.

So now I ask you guys, what's the worst pain you have ever endured?

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

Why are you taking end of year exams at the beginning of November?

3. trustme

trustme Member

Are you at least taking antibiotics? You need to get rid of the bacteria before it gets worse. As for pain relief, try some clove oil. It will numb the area for a while so you can at least study.

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Because I'm Australian and our year of tuition starts in March and ends in November. Yes I am taking antibiotics but I hear that it takes a few days for me to feel any significant change.

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

It's a tie: shattered femur and torn ACL. Broken thumb comes in just behind this...and is closely followed by broken ribs (three) and broken collarbone (clavicle).

That said, my biggest "fear" concerning pain is all oral. I haven't been to a dentist since 1989 as a result.
    Good luck.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Food poisoning. Worst sickness/pain I've ever felt, for a while I actually thought I would die.

7. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Retina detaching in my right eye when I was 15... still remember burying my head in between couch cushions and screaming...

8. FFz

FFz Member

Subarachnoid hemorrhage

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Never felt it but…

When I was 1 poured coffee on my leg!

Skin was peeling and **** was nasty.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

right after the anesthesia wore off after i got my wisdom teeth pulled

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Updawg shot me in the leg with a .22 caliber rifle for disrespecting him.

13. tested911

tested911 Member

4 years ago I had the same Injury Brooks had except my ankle actually touched the ground... Doctor say's I need need surgery to reconnect one of the main ligaments because it snapped but yeah still waiting for that day :)... Just walking on a flat surface and my ankle can give some days... It's a bit#@ and I can't play any sports :( Was on crutches for 2 weeks.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

/\ this

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A couple of years ago I attempted a Brett Favre like comeback to Judo competition. My first match back I had to play a Canadian guy who outweighed me by about 20 pounds and was very strong he came in with a technique called Uchi Mata, See video below. I partially blocked it but he came in so strong and swept his leg straight up the middle but I wasn't off balance since I was blocking it. I lost consciousness for about a sec but what was worse was that he hadn't won the match so I had to still keep on fighting. I was feeling very nauseous and he slammed me with a different throw, this time me unable to offer any resistance, and he won the match. I made it off the mat and promptly puked. Then I remembered why I retired in the first place.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O93a4H5dEis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O93a4H5dEis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Had a kidney stone last January. Those hurt like ****.

17. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

When I was about 11, I was playing basketball on a concrete court that's raised maybe 4 inches off the ground. Ran to the side of the court for something, and my foot decided to make a 90 degree angle with my leg (exaggerating a little bit). But that hurt so I go to the bench and sat down. About 10 minutes later, I decided to take my shoe off....it was wayyyy too hard. I eventually took it off and it looked like there was a tennis ball inserted on the outside of my foot, near that ankle bone. Never went to the doctor for it though, just put ice on it. I guess I ripped some muscle, I have no clue.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

When I broke up with the girl I wanted to give my life to, and when I found out there was another guy she wanted to give her life to :(

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Probably the worst pain is when I was 2 and my pet rabbit bit half of my right index finger off. 3 surgeries and several skin grafts later, they couldn't re-attach it. Obviously I can't remember much of it though, because I was 2.

The worst pain I've had as an adult is what I think was a pinched nerve that I got a couple years ago in my neck. For 6 weeks my head and neck area pounded and it was excruciating. I couldn't even get out of bed without taking a handful of pain killers. I really had one of those moments where I started saying to myself there is no way I could live with this pain for much longer. I had brain MRI's and all kinds of tests, and they never could determine what the cause was. Eventually it went away, so at this point the only explanation is a pinched nerve. I'm worried all the time that it's going to come back, but it's been over 2 years and nothing since then.

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

Kidney stone.

I can't imagine anything being much worse, aside from a broken femur.