1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the story behind the Brooks / Ariza fallout?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAID, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Brooks ignored him?

I thought Ariza was making the point against driving all the way to the hoop in late game sitautions rather than pull up for the J. Brooks later hit some critical shots by pulling up for the J.

I guess because you hate Ariza, the interpretation is Brooks ignored him, and then independently came up with the same idea so Ariza does not get any inception credit.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We are talking about different things.......this is what I was saying.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu7LxM22Mgo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hu7LxM22Mgo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And Brooks listened to him early, then realized not to after he got his confidence....and figured Ariza was not all that.

You shut out people who can't back up their talk.

DD

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh boy... This was the crappiest thread I have ever read...

4. DontTradeOswalt

Brooks told Ariza to get some game instead of just missing 3s all day long by not passing him the ball, the team got tired of Ariza. Just my opinion thought, who knows maybe Ariza did something to Brooks or maybe nothing ever happened. He's not a Rocket anymore and that's all that matters

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

This whole thing is false.

There is no way in hell the Rockets Management signed Trevor Ariza because they thought he could be Kobe.

Trevor Ariza did not play any type of Kobe Bryant role while in Houston.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

They are reaching a few times in this clip.

7. pacmania

pacmania Member

I think Daryl Morey has adjusted his formula or equation by adding the character factor into it.

Character still plays a large role in determining whether we meet expectations or not. Case in point: Joey Dorsey, Tracy Mcgrady or even Von wafer were pretty good talents but their disruptive behavior caused more harm than good. Players with attitude problems can be a cancer to the team.

Trevor Ariza had too large of an ego and was simply not worth the gamble anymore.

8. carib

carib Member

I do recall noticing some on the court differences between Ariza and Brooks. Whether Ariza was a bad character or disruptive to the team I don't know.
    Morey traded him and he is gone, no point speculating whether he was a cancer or not. I trust the GM had better inside knowledge and no what they are doing. I really hope this team gels and have a great season. Injuries is our biggest enemy.

9. thekad

thekad Member

Couple of guys pretending to know the inside scoop going back and forth for pages is exciting, exciting stuff.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Ariza is hardheaded he always had bad attitude since he came to HOU, I don't think it was AB's fault bcuz nobody had any issues with him.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hilarious. people calling ariza a time-bomb. So sad how people demonize guys they don't like.

12. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

We got him at the right price...Morey played his cards right...look what happened in the end with the trade exception...

13. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I remember that game Ariza did have a bad attitude. He also got into it with Artest last season. He always seemed to have a defeats attitude if his offense wasn't right. He wasn't a scrub and was an upgrade last year, but we just upgraded some more and he was outdated.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Plus, Ariza IS an NBA champ. I know that isn't much, but he does have that experience.

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

(He is emotional and did not controls those emotions sometimes when he should have. He let them hurt his play at times, but he also went too far into finger pointing for my tastes. He definitely had blow ups on the court a few times, but got along OK the rest of the time. It was not a factor in the trade. -- Jonathan)

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/08/after_more_than_two_years_rock.html

16. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

LOOSE CANNON! What are you talking about?!? You don't think he would do something like get mad and swing an elbow or something like that, do you?

17. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

You do make a good counterpoint here. However, I believe in Brooks' mind (and in most of the fans minds), he was making the "right plays" by limiting his passes to an inknown commodity. :)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Heck yes....when you are the PG and you are trying to win, and you are playing with an inefficient chucker, you always...ALWAYS limit their touches.

DD

19. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Okay we are not giving up Brooks for Collison....I like him and all but Brooks has a much more promising future, Collison still has question marks around him

20. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

After missing so many shots from my passes you cant expect me to keep having full confidence in you. Something Aaron might say. Alot of times Aaron did not make the right play because of lost confidence in Ariza. One of the reasons Brooks assists was so low. But the Coaching staff gave Ariza the green light. Adelman let Ariza take those shots. And Most of Ariza's assist came from penetrating and kicking out with no where to go late in the shot clock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.