1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the real reason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave_78, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

In my opinion, the verdict is out on this Tmac knee injury nonsense. The guy's history and the fact that the team is giving him the green light to play and not worried about giving him an MRI are enough for me to believe he is milking this knee injury for all he can.

So what's eating McGrady? He started off the season looking like he did 3 years ago. Remember the 40 point games? The fact he dunked more in 10 games than all of last season. Hell, he was even shooting over 45% from the field. Somewhere in the last few weeks something (or a couple of things) has this guy reverting back to acting like he did in his last year in Orlando. Furthermore, why is the team covering for him? Either they think they can fix the problem or more likely they know this team will never get close to equal value for a guy who is, when he wants to be, a top 5 NBA player. I have a feeling this could be the beginning of McGrady holding the organization hostage.

Let the speculation begin because I have a feeling we might never get the answer to this.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he really misses JVG.

DD

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This could be a big part of it. Seriously.

I could go off on a tangent but I won't. I will briefly say that Tmac reminds me of a lot of the kids I grew up with that had no father figure. He is the classic example of guys who are brought up by their mother. In a strange way, I think he really thrived off of the discipline that JVG brought because he never got that from a male parent as a child. I think we may eventually find out of how much baby sitting and "fathering" JVG was doing with this guy.

I know it is stupid but it crossed my mind while I was reheating pizza a few minutes ago.

4. rocketshopeful

IF he is trying anything like that (holding the org hostage- thats still a stretch
    btw), then screw it. I would be happy if rockets benched him for the rest of the year and we develop whatever young talent we have and plan for the future. Rather that, than false hope based on his potential to be great.

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

And I really miss the super T-Mac who took us past the Spurs in 90 seconds.

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You can't be serious. :rolleyes:

T-Mac came over here to win a championship. He did not join Houston so that he can worship JVG.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jealous of Stevie getting more love than him?

Rebelling against Adelman?

soft?

Rocket River

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

Do we still have young talents? Only young players:
    Brooks
    Novak
    Landry

Whom do you think could develop into real force?

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He played harder for JVG than he did for anyone else in his career. Certainly harder than he has for Rick Adelman.

10. vizier

vizier Member

no, he came here to ride yao's pine to a championship. now he is in deep regret because he could have ride howard to 30 championships if he stayed in orlando.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

I don't get it. Yao also misses JVG a lot, not to mention that Yao is the one that changes his game the most in the team under the new system. But that should not give you the green lights to give up/quit so easily. At least Yao plays his ass off night in and night out no matter we lose or win. Heck 2 years ago Yao even played almost the half season with a bad toe until the doctor forced him to take operation.

12. rocketshopeful

potentially brooks, but unlikely. Hey if they all suck, then we would have to make some crafty changes. Morey seems like hes capable. Our poor record would also give us a high draft pick.

13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Blame this one on Adelman. He does not push his players as hard as JVG. In fact, no one pushes their players as hard as JVG.

T-Mac lacks motivation to excel. He is your perfect example of Joe Barely Cares.

14. qingpuboy

qingpuboy New Member

nobody likes to lose,i think this`s just a really tough time
    there're too much changes in this season and too much presure
    ppl talk about champion at the very beginning and thats why we`re all upset right now,the minute TMAC still in huoston we should all be supported
    and Tmac`s the ppl who he is,the most important thing to do is how to learn to play as a team

15. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Injuries. He has had 2 leg injuries in the past week and a half, and the knee injury has really been the one to affect him. With the knee hurting, he has less explosion off the dribble, less rise on his jumper, less lateral movement...not the same player.

And because of his history you believe he is faking it? First of all, he never said he milked any injuries before, but rather he didn't give the game 100% in his last year in Orlando (in which they won 1 of their first 20 and was 4 years ago). I am sorry, but I'll take his word that he is injured and the doctor's opinions that he wasn't healthy enough to play last night, along with teammates saying he wasn't himself health-wise, over a bunch of people on a fan forum LOOKING for reasons to why the team is so bad, with the best player being the main scapegoat. But this is just going too far....

16. csm382

csm382 New Member

As the saying goes: A picture speaks a thousand words....The Going Got Tough, and he's basically Quitting, just like he did in Orlando.

[​IMG]

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You're in a quickly shrinking minority. McGrady is the one that said the doctors pulled him out of the game. Other sources say he shut it down himself. Common sense also tells you that the doctors probably checked him out thoroughly and cleared him to play. They tend to not clear players and then change their minds.

18. yaorta

yaorta Member

reason? maybe this never crossed his mind. he does all things without reasons just as he shoots without running plays. he did what he wants all the time, while putting all of other things aside. most time, he seems like a spoiled child,not a fighting man. remerber? he said, it's all on me! right, but you are off now.

19. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

When they see you are 1-10 and can't move on the court, things change.

Other sources? Provide them. Considering T-Mac specifically said the trainers shut him down, I'll take his word over yours. Common sense is taking the guy who was injured word, the trainer's and teammates who saw him in practice and played with him's word for it that he is hurt.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Fran Blinebury.